“If you don't expect too much you will have a good time”
Review of Mr. Chan

Mr. Chan
Ranked #477 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017

I am biased because I like Chinese food. That is always a bad sign because I expect a lot from local Chinese restaurants. I have had mediocre meals here, but also excellent ones. Often I just order the old faithful - fried pork ribs with mild chili, stir fried calamari, chili and garlic prawns (fried), Singapore noodles, beef brisket (a sort of a stew in a thick gravy) and fried rice. Sometimes the chef messes up and some dishes come out too salty. You much complain and send it back. The veggies are always good if a bit bland because it is stir fried with garlic and a little oil. But probably healthier. All in all, I would go back for the comfort dishes, shared with friends and have a good time. But expect too much.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Do not know why but lost quality of food and service (even if with a smile).
It was much better when it was situated in the previous location and run by the ladies.
I can understand why was empty at 1pm.
very bad to return

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We bought take always from Me Chan yesterday. The sliced beef was dry and tasteless. The pork sweet and sour was tasteless. The rice was stodgy. This was without a doubt the worst meal I have ever eaten. Avoid Mr Chan in Sea Point - it is terrible

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Never had a Chinese meal in South Africa and most likely won't again. Maybe I am too used the English way but I found the food not as tasty. The best part was the soup and the staff. There are many choices of things to eat in sea-point but o am not sure Chinese should be one of them.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I have an Asian stomach, so everytime I visit Cape Town, I will look for Chinese restautant. Mr. Chan is by far the best one i have ever had in Cape Town. The food is vey great, the service is excellent and the place is clean.