“NOT TO VIST AGAIN.... LOST QUALITY”
Review of Mr. Chan

Mr. Chan
Ranked #442 of 1,245 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Do not know why but lost quality of food and service (even if with a smile).
It was much better when it was situated in the previous location and run by the ladies.
I can understand why was empty at 1pm.
very bad to return

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We bought take always from Me Chan yesterday. The sliced beef was dry and tasteless. The pork sweet and sour was tasteless. The rice was stodgy. This was without a doubt the worst meal I have ever eaten. Avoid Mr Chan in Sea Point - it is terrible

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Never had a Chinese meal in South Africa and most likely won't again. Maybe I am too used the English way but I found the food not as tasty. The best part was the soup and the staff. There are many choices of things to eat in sea-point but o am not sure Chinese should be one of them.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I have an Asian stomach, so everytime I visit Cape Town, I will look for Chinese restautant. Mr. Chan is by far the best one i have ever had in Cape Town. The food is vey great, the service is excellent and the place is clean.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We chose this restaurant as it was recommended by our tour guide in Cape Town. When we arrived, there were three other tables with foreign tourists. The waiters were busy cleaning up as the guests were about to leave. We waited for quite a while until the lady boss came to take orders. We ordered the steamed spare ribs, tofu, bitter gourd, vegetable and roast duck. Food quality was just average. We also ordered the braised whole abalone and fresh abalone fried with ginger. It tasted averagely good but the price was exorbitant. Just can't compare with the other Cantonese restaurants which I have been to.

1  Thank SsMm M