“Authentic Cantonese Dishes”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

I have an Asian stomach, so everytime I visit Cape Town, I will look for Chinese restautant. Mr. Chan is by far the best one i have ever had in Cape Town. The food is vey great, the service is excellent and the place is clean.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We chose this restaurant as it was recommended by our tour guide in Cape Town. When we arrived, there were three other tables with foreign tourists. The waiters were busy cleaning up as the guests were about to leave. We waited for quite a while until the lady boss came to take orders. We ordered the steamed spare ribs, tofu, bitter gourd, vegetable and roast duck. Food quality was just average. We also ordered the braised whole abalone and fresh abalone fried with ginger. It tasted averagely good but the price was exorbitant. Just can't compare with the other Cantonese restaurants which I have been to.

1  Thank SsMm M
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Came here in a Friday night with couple of friends, we ordered quite a lot of food. As a local Cantonese I have to say the quality of food is higher than my expectation. Both spring rolls and deep fried squid were good, BBQ pork is a bit too sweet to me but my friends liked them a lot. It's really surprised me that their tofu was freshly made and vegetables were also grown in nearby area, they were all fresh and tasty.
Love to come back if I am in town again.

2  Thank KC K
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

The best authentic Chinese cuisine in Cape Town. We looked far and low for the cleanest and the closest thing to a taste of China. Every dish is made with real love and will not disappoint. Great for large groups too.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We used to frequent the old Mr Chan and it was really good until it was sold. We thought this new one , under the old owners, would be a success but were bitterly disappointed. The service was slow and so unprofessional. The food was mediocre. We wont be returning. We had a complaint and the supposed manageress did not even come to our table.

1  Thank Amsie50