“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This used to be our local but we stopped going as we felt it was going downhill.
They changed the red and green curry to one sauce with some weird explanation and it did not taste like any Asian sauce I had ever tested - way too much coriander seeds.
But on Sunday we thought we would give it a try again.
I regular waiter reconized us and without us saying anything he brought Water and wine glasses - always good to jave a local where people know you.
They had a new starter of Dumplings - but only beef.
They were very fresh and very good - the dipping sauce was divine - so much so that I kept what was left over to use on my next dish.
I chatted to the owner and asked her to include chicken and prawn - she said she would - so lets see.
I had the chicken cashew nut with extra chilli - very very tasty.
Wife had the Dragon Phoenix which she said was good.

This rating is based on my food and experience on the day - I'm still not sure whether the green/red curry sauce has improved or not - was too scared to try but it was a step in the right direction.
Mayber next time I will try the Red Curry Duck which was my favourite before the sauce changed - here's hoping.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunchtime sushi with my daughter only to be surprised to hear that they do not allow any of their platters on the Entertainer app. What nonsens is this!?

You therefore have to order plates of sushi and they only deduct one of the plates on the Entertainer app. Eish, not nice!!!

Smoking area's door was also wide open and the restaurant smelled of smoke, not on!!!

Picture below is of two 10 piece plates.

Food however made up for their "own Entertainer app rules". Service also acceptable.

1  Thank PearsonC8
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was a disappointing evening due to the total lack of atmosphere. The restaurant is more like a large beerhall which had around 5 other patrons. The staff or owners young children were running about screaming.
On top of this though the food was pretty good and reasonably priced, so perhaps if you wanted a casual evening with your own group its the place to go.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Looks nice on the internet, and reviews. But in reality the experience is not so nice. From unfriendly staff to over fried duck, this is surely a place I would pass.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I find myself at a small shopping complex in the residential suburb of Welgelegen. Where is this restaurant? Upstairs above Spar. The decor is drab ... and the feel like a staff cafeteria. No ambience. One waiter on duty. Sticky menus and tables. Poor lighting.

But when the food arrived ... Oh my word!!!! The freshest, tastiest, most delicious and appetizing ever!

Makes me wonder why they would under-sell themselves so. An absolute must! And if you can't handle the look and feel, take it away. You won't be disappointed! I promise!