“Great dim sum, great cosy atmosphere”

South China Dim Sum Bar
Ranked #66 of 1,257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Spend an evening at South China Dim Sum Bar and everything I tried I enjoyed. The food is really good, best dim sum I have had ever. I will definitely be returning, all of the dim sum I tried lamb, prawn, beef, chicken and vegetarian was really good and tasted it so different from each other.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We celebrated a birthday at the South China Dim Sum Bar, and decided to order all the items on the menu and share them.
The food was amazing, everything was delicious.
They had nice wine section to make the evening a night to remember.
Make sure to book in advance, they are full due to popular demand.
I highly recommend them.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I loved the Dim Sum here. It might be the best dim sum I've had. I recommend the lamb pot stickers and the shrimp dumplings (har gow). I don't recommend the noodle dishes, since the noodles don't taste fresh.

I came here a lot. But with that said, some things I didn't like was that the first night, I had terrible service. I let the owner know, and it improved after that. Also, I don't like how they charge for more sauce. Of course, if you order more dim sum (which isn't cheap), you're going to need more dim sum.

Overall though, highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great casual spot for delicious dim sum - highly recommended! Service was a bit slow at times (don’t go if you are rushed), but overall a great experience and we will return.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We had the best Dim Sum by far in this tiny little restaurant. It was a bit difficult to make a reservation for a table for two, but we managed it. We had awesome Dim Sum and nice noodle dishes.