“Excellent service and so much fun!”

PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We do what we love and we love what we do. PG Tops and sister company Luxury Safaris promises to show you why Cape Town, the Garden Route and our wonderful wildlife and game parks ensure the holiday of a lifetime! All tours are fully private and customized.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were coming to South Africa for a safari in late June and decided to add on a couple of days in Cape Town. I didn't have time to investigate and make plans so I decided to hire PG Tops to take care of the whole thing and I'm so glad I did.

Communication with PG Tops was great. They were very responsive and answered all my questions. I was very comfortable to put us in their hands.

Our guide, Leslie, met us at the airport and made the next two days so fun. Leslie got us safely checked into our hotel and then began the adventure. Leslie had a nice van and drove us first to Table Mountain, then around the coast line, had lunch at a local cafe on the waterfront (yummy) and then drove around town while he kept up a very interesting commentary about the history and sites of Cape Town. We were exhausted after a 10 hour overnight flight and so called it a day early. The best part was that Leslie was our private guide and so was happy to do whatever we wanted.

After a good night sleep at the Westin (which I also recommend), Leslie came to pick us up bright and early. My husband has mobility problems and Leslie happily lugged around his scooter and provided a helping hand. This was a really wonderful day from start to finish even though the weather was a bit gloomy. We started out with Boulder Beach and the Penguins. That was a cool experience and I recommend a visit. Leslie dropped us off as close to the entrance as he could and then he took the van back to park. He gave us enough time to wander the boardwalk (above the penguins) and then was waiting for us when we'd had enough. Then it was on to Cape Point. My husband used to be quite the outdoorsman and he and Leslie really hit it off as Leslie loves the wildlife of his country. We had a great time driving around the park looking for animals. We got to see Kudu, Eland, baboons, ostrich, grouse, Sacred Ibis, and Bontebok. And, then on to the Cape of Good Hope for the obligatory photo op. The surf was quite impressive that day. Unfortunately, the fog has dropped in and so we decided against taking the funicular to the peak. Leslie quickly improvised and offered up a few suggestions for the rest of the day. We went to Imhoff Farm for lunch which we really enjoyed. Very casual with good food and I got to check out some of the items in their country store. Then on to Buitenverwachting winery for a tasting. Tired and happy, Leslie took us back to our hotel.

Leslie loves his country and it shows. He was a great guide and I highly recommend him. He was friendly, kind, fun, and interesting. Pretty much everything I look for in a guide.

Bright and early, the next morning, PG Tops picked us up and took us to the airport for our flight to Durban where we would drive to the safari. I can't remember the driver's name but he was polite, prompt and quite pleasant.

I highly recommend PG Tops - easy to work with, dependable, trustworthy, and they helped us have a wonderful first visit to Cape Town.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"always on time"
"great guide"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"cape town experience"
"driver guide"
"different wineries"
"full day tour"
"boulders beach"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We used PG Tops when visiting Cape Town and I cannot recommend them enough. A friend had told me to use a tour group and it was definitely the way to go. We did not have to worry about a thing and had the best time ever. We worked with Yandisa prior to our visit and she was wonderful. While in Cape Town we spent time with Johan and Provia. Johan was so kind and he had the hard task of dealing with us early in the morning, that canot be easy. Provia felt more like a friend than a tour guide we had just met. She was so knowledgeable about everything and she was so fun! We definitely had the best trip ever and I owe a lot of that to PG Tops. Thank you so much for showing us your wonderful country!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to use this firm and booked two tours before we left home. Communication in advance of our trip was excellent and we would certainly pass on the recommendation.
Drivers arrived at our hotel on time, were professional, pleasant and polite throughout the day and made us feel like friends. Their knowledge was super and certainly added to our enjoyment of the tours.
We toured the Cape with Andrea and the winelands with Provia and would not hesitate to use either again on another trip.

1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We did an amazing day tour around Cape Town. Our guide was amazing and really customized the tour to our family. He happily took photos for us and was a wealth of knowledge. We never felt hurried and had a fabulous time.