Review Highlights
Guided Summit Stroll atop Table Mountain

Start of summer + clear day on Table Mountain = a fantastic hike! We booked our Summit Stroll hike... read more

Oscardsilva
Bangalore
Excellent guided hike up Diagonal Route on Table Mountain

DAGCalgary
Calgary, Canada

All reviews the india venster route indian venster table mountain cable car flora and fauna rock scrambling platteklip gorge hiking experience skeleton gorge challenging parts great guide highlight of our trip mountain guide fear of heights fitness levels an amazing experience experienced guide
Reviewed yesterday

Start of summer + clear day on Table Mountain = a fantastic hike!

We booked our Summit Stroll hike (since we had a short stay, we wanted to do only the hike on top of the mountain) But it was well worth it.

Our guide Lynette picked us up from our AirBnB, and had booked our cable car tickets in advance. That helped us jump the Q, and be the first group on the cable car. It helps to live closer to Table Mountain (our AirBnB was just 10 mins away).

This is a 2.5-3 hour journey, and though it doesnt have the flair of actually hiking up, it has the most gorgeous views.

We had a very good guide in Lynette - she knew the geography, history and biology of the mountain, and stopped at all the right spots so we could capture the views on our cameras.

Will definitely be going up again in the future.

*******
Hi Riaan.

Just writing to say our thanks for the wonderful hike on Table mountain.
Lynette was a bag full of knowledge all through the hike. She was pleasant, funny, and a great guide.

We enjoyed the hike and have some very memorable pictures.

I definitely look forward to another visit, and hiking up the mountain rather than through the cable car.

Oscar

Reviewed yesterday

Did the Diagonal route with Liesl as a guide and 2 other hikers. The route was fantastic, off the beaten path with great views. It was a challenge for me which is exactly what I was looking for. Liesl is an amazing guide who keeps you safe and on the right path with great conversation. She not only guides the hike but points out all sorts of plant and bird life, as well as some cool caves. I highly recommend Hike Table Mountain and Liesl. Thank you so much for a great day!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is a great hiking company. Riaan answered all my questions promptly and advised us which hike we should go. This was the most difficult hike we have ever done and guide was very patient and helped us with the scrambling by telling us where to place our hands and feet. We also did the Summit strolI. I would highly recommend this company.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided last minute to hike the Table Mountain India Venster trail. After having found Riaan on Google we sent an enquiry the night before the hike and within 5 minutes we got a full reply. We decided to go for it and did not regret! Excellent service (pick up at Airbnb), fun small group of 4 of the same physical level (advanced) and great explanations from Riaan on the mountain about the city, history, plants and fauna. After the hike he dropped us off at the Airbnb again. I would highly recommend a hike with Riaan for the following reasons: 1. You learn more than doing it solo, 2. You meet fun new people to talk with, 3. Its safe and you just can focus on your hike, 4. Riaan is entertaining with jokes and caters for a good atmosphere in the group.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked India Vester trial for October 22nd. Riian responded promptly and provided us the relevant information and helped confirm our decision.

On the day he picked us up from our hotel which was a short drive to the site. He was funny, informative, knowledgeable and frankly made the day even more special for my wife and I. We were lucky and got amazing conditions which made the views and trip even more spectacular.

Thank you again for the amazing exerperince, wonderful service which included providing information and reccomdations after the tour ended. If you are thinking of doing a guided tour I couldn’t recommend Riian highly enough.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were guided up the 12 Apostles route by Lynette. The route was magnificent and Lynette was brilliant in looking after us and keeping us entertained. This was definately one of the highlights of our visit to South Africa and a must do. NB it took just under 4 hours to get there but well worth the effort. This route although long is good as there are no ladders or excessively steep bits! Thanks Lynette

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We hiked the India Venster route last week with Riaan. We couldn't have asked for a better guide he was knowledgeable, happy, encouraging and great fun. We got lots of info on the geology and flora. Despite my fear of heights Riaan managed to get me to the top without too much trouble! The spectacular views at the top made it more than worthwhile! Thanks for your patience Riaan and for a great hike. We highly recommend this company.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was great! I was traveling alone but Riaan found me a group to join, with Hendre as the guide. She was lots of fun and very knowledgeable. I’m a bit afraid of heights but it was no problem at all. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a brilliant morning going up the India Venster route with Hike Table Mountain’s Darren. Early start 0600 and back down by 0900). He was really thoughtful, responsible and a fanstastic companion. I liked the route which would (with guide) be doable for most fit adventurous walkers. Darren was great on the flora, geography and geology as well. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A fantastic hike up the India Venster route guided brilliantly by Hendre. She was incredibly encouraging and knowledgeable and even our 7 year old coped well with the scrambling under her guidance. Highly recommend Hike Table Mountain and especially doing this route if you want something a little more exciting.