“A fantastic learning experience and immense fun in the waves”

Stoked School of Surf
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique 'MOBILE' surf school and surf camp operator based in Cape Town, providing a unique surfing experience, where you can learn to surf at Cape Town's best beaches, with the most ideal wind and swell conditions. Our surf school's qualified and experienced team of surf coaches and surf guides will get you riding the waves best suited to your ability. Whether you’ve surfed before or never even touched a surfboard start your South African surf adventure with us. Our surf camps offer you the opportunity to learn how to surf and explore the highlights of the local area. We also offer a surf guiding service for those who know how to surf, just don't know where to go.
Reviewed 27 November 2016

My wife and I had two lessons on successive days and we could both stand on the board confidently by the end. The instructors (Alexi and Laurence) are fun and friendly guys while still being professional, helpful and attentive. It was a terrific experience that left me longing to surf again and stoked enough to ensure that I do.

1  Thank Stuart_some_guy
in 7 reviews
"blast"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 22 November 2016

My girl friend and I took the 4 day pack every morning. It was loads of fun starting the morning with surfing. The staff, Michelle, Laurence were super friendly and very professional. I can only recommend Stocked!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I went to take surf lessons in two different days. Both were with different teaches and it was just great.
The location is great by itself, and the techniques were well explained, in a way I managed to stand up since my first day and feel the energy from the waves.
It was very relaxing and fun. I recommend 100%!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

A 2 hour surf lesson, 2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 & 9. I had done plenty of research before booking this lesson as my 7 year old is not a fantastic swimmer. We had 2 instructors who were fab with the kids but made sure us adults had a great time too. Would highly recommend them - thanks Stoked!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I had two lessons with Stoked and by the end of the second I was actually surfing (warning: an addictive feeling).

The instructors are great; patient, good fun, and clearly love what they do. They have great knowledge of both surfboarding and where to surf/conditions required for the best surfing.

I should probably note as well for the more experienced surfers that during one of the lessons there was a more experienced surfer present, yet the instructors still catered for him whilst teaching us beginners.

If you're looking to do any surfing whilst in Cape Town (if you weren't, you should be...), these guys are awesome.

1  Thank Sam B