“Delicious!”

Ranked #43 of 1,202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Meloncino – Ristorante, Bar, Pizzeria Italiano. Experience authentic Italian cuisine in Cape Town. Meloncino Restaurant opened at the V&A Waterfront, bringing a genuine Italian flavour to our shores. The modern and stylish decor creates an eclectic European vibe where one can sip cocktails and snack on canapes, nuts and olives. As someone suggested, “Close your eyes and you could be in Rome.” Open your eyes and you face the magnificent Table Mountain, as seen from the comfort of one of Meloncino’s white sofas. Expect home-made pasta with authentic Italian sauces, steaks and seafood from their charcoal grill, traditional wood-fired pizza and an extensive menu to choose from. In order to stay faithful to the original, various ingredients like cheese, coffee and wine are imported from Italy. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My husband and I wandered into Meloncino while staying in the waterfront. It was packed, but we were able to get seats outside coozied up under incredibly warm, soft blankets nestled under a heat lamp. We shared a bottle of wine, each got our own pizzas because we couldn't decide on just one, and although stuffed stayed for dessert where we moved inside to the lounge couches where we finished our wine and enjoyed the rest of our evening. Our waiter, Douglas, was friendly, accommodating and helped make our night special. I would recommend reservations. We spent most our evenings at some of the restaurants outside the waterfront, but Meloncinos was perfect after a day hiking Table Mountain and just wanting a nice evening close to the hotel. Being from NYC in the US we have high standards for food in general, but especially pizza, and were blown away! Well done!

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

There are too many restaurants in V&A waterfront and we had a difficult task to choose one. We decided to go to Meloncino after we read T.A reviews. Great choice indeed. The food was exceptional. Great value for money. Amazing wine. Friendly service. We will return.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The restaurant looks very posh and polished. Promising when entering. However, service was slow and inattentive, food was just about average, wine came with cork. Pizza were crisp from real wood oven, but they have ran out of spicy oil when requested. Pasta freshly made and very tasty. Shrimps overcooked. Bottom line, there is better in Cape Town, also considering the relatively high pricing.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We visited Meloncino on our first night in Cape Town.
Have to say it was disappointingly average. We booked in advance and although it is a busy restaurant, we were sat right in a position that every time the doors opened we were frozen. By the draft. We asked to move and we were told they would come back as soon as there was another table free..... that was the last we heard.
We ordered a bread board for two- it was somewhat meagre. I had a salad caprese for my main course, one of my favourites. I have never had one like it.what is usually mozzarella was what I can only describe as a viscous cream, to the point I could not say what it was exactly.
We were feeling quite rushed and for a joke we started the stop watch when my husband finished his main course to see how long it was before his place was collected. 42seconds! That has to be a world record for something?
Overall I can only describe it as a disappointment, such a shame on our first night in Cape Town hey ho.....

Reviewed 10 October 2016

This place will see me again. There are quite a lot restaurants in the V&A Waterfront , but only few can deliver on such amazing taste experiences. We were four guests, each with their own choice, and thus had chance to taste four different dishes. If you're into pasta, then I recommend these: "TAGLIOLINI CON SALMONE" and the "TORTELLONI CON OSSO BUCCO" . Well done Meloncino ! Lastly, the wine selection was quite impressive.