“Make this your first pitstop at Cape Town!”
Review of Mama Africa

Mama Africa
Ranked #47 of 1,184 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Mama Africa was our first stop at Cape town. Absolutely loved the ambience! the folksy foot-tapping music seemed like the perfect welcome! We ordered the Non-veg food platter which was a great introduction to the exotic meat of the land for the adventurous kinds (crocodile meat, springbok etc.)! On the whole the food was satisfactory to good (based on the experience of a group of 4 foodies) but the experience was mind blowing!

Tip: do skim through the gift shop inside the restaurant for some unique collectibles eg (sling bags with cape town number plates)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

The food! The service! The atmosphere! I can't say enough about this place! I tried their crocodile kabobs and it's got to be the most amazing thing I've ever eaten! The prawns were delicious as well and then we split the dessert platter. Our server's name was Dustin and what a fantastic waiter! They had a band playing and I'm actually quite upset I can't remember the name. They were wonderful and lively and I could have listened to them all night! An amazing start to my vacation. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My meal was excellent. I left the ordering to my server, with just the guideline of traditional food. I had warthog along with 3 traditional side dishes. My husband ordered lamb curry and he said it was just average. The place is a little touristy, but my meal was good. The band was entertaining. You will need reservations!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The whole Experience was Amazing. The food was Great and the music hit our heart. If you are in Cape Town this place is a must. Even for a short beer!

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We landed on the same day and went to the place on a recommendation. It was incredible! The music the servers and the vibe! Thank you to Jo who was our waitress and recommended all the food! Great way to start our South African your!