“Back again at O&O and still excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of One&Only Cape Town

One&Only Cape Town
Ranked #14 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
dubai
“Back again at O&O and still excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed at the O&O in 2009 and we were lucky to come back and stay there this summer.The service is even better this time around .What was even more special is the staff at the kids club still remember my kids and welcomed them with open arms.
Last time my family stayed at the suites on the marina rise , however this time we wanted to try thr island suites.Both suites are nice, the island suites give a very resorty feel with lush gardens all around you.However,staying at the marina rise you get a wonderful veiw of Table mountain.

The Nobu in the O&O capetown are among the yummiest branches worldwide,most of their dishes were really good.I was fortunate enough to try the hotels spa this time around.I loved my facial ,it was so relaxign and rejuvenating.The complimentary spa facilities are very nice too,make sure you go 45min before your appt to make use of them.

Travelling with family ,there is no other place id stay in capetown other than the O&O thank you for an amazing and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Island suites are quite big and have a resorty cosy feel. Marina rise you get a veiw of table mounta...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Florentina P, Trip Advisor: Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the fantastic comments on your recent stay with us!
It is always such a great pleasure to welcome back our guests and offer them the One&Only memorable experience!
We are delighted that this time around you experience the Island feel of our resort and you found the time to enjoy the relaxing Spa facilities.

Your One&Only Family is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Florentina Heaven Popa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Hotel is great, rooms are clean, bed might be a bit firm by North American standards but so far every bed in Africa I have slept on I felt this way. You can choose from a pillow menu which made my sleep Heaven compared to other Hotels we have stayed at on this trip. Also you are able to choose from a variety of aromatherapy the room staff will light for you in your room and a well stocked mini bar.

The staff at this Hotel though are what set it apart for me, they are so friendly and you can tell the take great pride in working at the One & Only, from the moment the doorman opens the door for you to the time you check out the staff here are giving their all to make the experience perfect for you.

When we become hungry we had the tasting menu at Reuben's the first night we arrived and it did not disappoint. Next night we at ate Nobu and again a memorable meal with unbelievable service, we can see why his Blackened Cod with Miso is so popular around the World.

Amenities include breakfast each morning at Reuben's, babysitting service for our 6 month old (Bianca was a super nanny!), the kid's club kept our 7 year old active all day with trips to the aquarium, cheetah farm, scratch patch, mini golf, penguin beach as well as many creative items she could take home to remember her stay at the Hotel.

Taxis are available very quickly from the concierge and we even had a golf cart that could take us to and from our island suite if we felt the walk was too far which it never was as the view of Table Mountain is simply stunning on the days the sky opened up and revealed the mountain to us, which was 4 of 5 days.

My wife and I spent a wonderful 7 hour day at the spa being pampered in ways we didn't even know existed. The spa there were super at maintaining the relaxing atmosphere as they moved different sets of masseuses and main/pedi people in and out. Lunch again was memorable at Reuben's complete with a beautify bottle of Veuve Clicquot for my wife and I.

We most certainly will be back to Cape Town and will be staying at the One & Only again, it is an exclusive Hotel and you most certainly are getting what you are paying for. it is not cheap but it is worth every Rand if you want the best experience during your stay in Cape Town!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Island were very spacious and super quiet, the walk is lovely day or night on the lit p...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at One&Only Cape Town.

We are so delighted to learn that you had a truly fantastic experience during your stay with us.
It is our constant effort to improve our services and to ensure a memorable time filled with One&Only moments to all our guests.

On behalf of the One&Only Team, I would like to sincerely thank you for the great compliments on our team members’ friendliness and dedication to service excellence and as well as our fantastic resort facilities, from the culinary experience to the relaxing Spa treat. They were all so excited to read your feedback!

We trust we will welcome you back again in the near future for an even more memorable experience!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nothing short of perfection, clealry their sixz star rating is well deserved. Every detail has been thought of, staff is exceptional.

Room Tip: Nothing to change, this place is remarkable
2 Thank Kimberly L
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Kim,

Thank you so much for your recent review,which is in essence what our One&Only team, is constantly focusing to deliver every day for every guest: Perfection!

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making the most amazing day in any women’s life, MORE amazing. You bent over backwards to help us with everything and made us feel so at ease. Prompt responses to emails, and also being just as excited as I was about the wedding.

On our wedding day – wow, where do I begin – It felt like I had my own guardian angel. How One & Only worked in a team, used initiative and went that extra 10miles to make the day run smoothly. To use examples: You phoned me while I was up in my room to regularly inform me how many quests are there. As soon as all guests were there, you came to fetch me, gholf carts that took me to the reception, decorating my wedding cake (and this was not even included in the package deal), setting up of the venue. When our guests threw our confetti on the wrong time, which caused our photographer to miss that shot, you arranged for One & Only employees to through us with confetti again, just so the photographer can get that shot! I can not tell you how much that means to me.

At the wedding I remember thinking, this day is MUCH better than I EVER dreamt of. How I thought this day was going to be, exceeded my expectations COMPLETELY!

Adele and all at One&Only, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. No other wedding venue can ever compete, you are in a league of your own.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Charlotte,

On behalf of the One&Only Team, I would like to thank you for your kind words!
The entire team was absolutely delighted to read the comment and extremely happy that they delivered our number one core value “Blow away the customer” and make your Wedding Day an unforgettable experience!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and with no doubt for your first Wedding Anniversary!

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

The One and Only will cater to your every need - service is without fault. We always had a car available within minutes, laundry done same day, full buffet breakfast and optional a la carte items included in the price of the room. If we asked for it - we got it. It is very expensive for Cape Town, so you are paying for this. For our family, it was a bit over the top -- you cannot walk 5 feet without someone asking if everything is okay or offering you a hot towel or assistance. The shower in the room is great, but the whole room is a bit noisy - you can hear other rooms and the hallway noise quite clearly.