“Excellent”

Ranked #23 of 1,294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 199
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: With panoramic views of Signal Hill, Signal Restaurant provides a welcome setting on the water's edge. The menu is a unique combination of flavours incorporating influences from the many cultures that called upon this region in days gone by. The aged yellowwood furniture juxtaposed with crisp white linen, all skillfully positioned in the glow of the eccentric hand-crafted chandeliers sets the atmosphere for a new level of hip hotel dining.
Reviewed 12 October 2018

This restaurant has excellent, food, service, location. It is elegant while being comfortable. There is little to nothing to complain about.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Very much enjoyed this restaurant as it came recommended by our travel agent. Service was very good, food was great, SA wine was incredible and the atmosphere was perfect. My wife ordered the Springbok and it was delicious. Very close to the Bay area as well.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant. The environment is wonderful. The wine menu is very good (you will only find South African wines, but fortunately you may find great South African wines, like Fusion V that I drank). The food is fine. Not great, fine. As a starter, I had a pork belly, that was wonderfully cooked. The main course was a ribeye with mashed potatoes. Main courses could be better. However, they are not very expensive (main course was approximately 200 rands or USD 15.00). Total cash is 85 dollars per person, being that I ordered a very good and expensive wine. The restaurant is not perfect, but it is worth it. I recommend it.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is a really fabulous dining experience.We ate here on our first night here in S Africa.Incredible service with fabulous meal.I had Hake and it was superb.Kids had spring bok and said it was fabulous too.Everything on the menu was well presented.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve been twice and the food is amazing but unfortunately while looking through the bill I saw I was charged 12 bottles of water which was impossible. The manager and waitresses argued with me and threatened to call security all because I refused to pay the 12 of which we didn’t have only two bottles of water is what we confirmed. This was a disappointment and disgrace from a 5 star restaurant.

1  Thank AntoinetteJ84