All reviews cape town highest recommendation highly recommend this establishment reception area ocean view personalized service amazing views luxurious rooms favorite hotel every afternoon top floor suite small boutique hotel beautiful property same level travel agent stayed nights breakfast room
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at this beautiful intimate boutique hotel. The views overlooking the ocean are spectacular. The staff is attentive and welcoming. The decor is luxurious down to the last detail. I would definitely return and highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

WOW! What a great location and what incredible views over the Atlantic. You cannot beat that sunset and if it was Whale season what a great sight that would have been. We were maybe a month too early to witness the Whales in the Bay. Our rooms were at the Pool and with a breathtaking view, one cannot ask for more to be honest. Rooms are immaculate as expected with a sleeper couch which I was quarantined on by my wife as I was sick at the time. :). The Owner is also hands on, her name is Shirley and she will make you feel very welcome from the moment she sees you, the same can be said about the staff of course. The staff are extremely kind and wonderful beings and one person that Stood out was Andrew our lovely server at Breakfast, great personality and he goes the extra mile to make you feel special. We stayed two nights and the next morning we went for breakfast he knew exactly what we like and don't like so we had less time chatting about our order and more time to joke and chat about normal things. :) Location is great as it is a mere 10 minutes to the Waterfront for example so you can Uber it or Self drive. Many restaurants in the Bantry Bay area but your choices for restaurants are really endless as Cape Town is full of wonderful places to eat. I will go back to Clarendon in the future as they are busy with new refurbishments over this winter so I cannot wait to see the new look. Thank you guys, you really made us feel very special indeed. We really were sad to say good bye and wish we had stayed 5 nights. :)

Room Tip: If you are a family we were with a 8 and 17 year old I would recommend the lower level rooms at the pool side.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Our warm welcome on arrival from Tamsin set the tone for our four day stay, I knew instantly I would want to leave!!!
The lobby, the lounge area and the breakfast balcony open out literally into the ocean below, breathtaking!!
And then this is your room, it is OMG all over again! Spacious, spacious, spacious, with views pouring out to sea from the balcony and a bathroom bug enough to hold a dance in
Tamsin and her management colleagues were brilliant with restaurant recommendations, checking up with tour operators for time checks for the next day, and being there for any whim we may have. The breakfast team provided and served the most delicious and satisfying options.
The Bantry Bays location is very handy to Table Mountain, for the cable car or if you are doing a recommended hike, even closer for the precarious but "must do" Lions Head, on route to the Cape and only minutes for the CBD and the lively waterfront.
It was all too difficult wrenching ourselves away from this beautiful property, a return visit to CapeTown will not go without staying here again.
You have our highest recommendation, and we congratulate you on providing such excellence in the hospitality industry, you do CapeTown proud.
Oh, and the sunsets, they are worth the stay if for no other reason!!! Night after night of golden glowing entertainment!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2017

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive a review from you indicating the enjoyable time you had at The Clarendon Bantry Bay.

I was really happy to read that we delivered a service that met your expectations and that Tamzin had such a positive impact on your stay with us. I have passed your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and it motivates us to work even harder when our high level of service is acknowledged.

The team at The Clarendon Bantry Bay is looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Abraham

Reviewed 20 April 2017

What an incredible way to kick off our South African adventure. This boutique hotel is an absolutely perfect place to stay in Cape Town complete with attentive and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts and a view that can not be beat. We chose to spend more time in the hotel just to enjoy some bubbly on our balcony overlooking the ocean or swimming in the pool. The staff was so helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had the best stay. Would HIGHLY recommend and when we go back to Cape Town, we will absolutely be staying here agian!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2017

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Congratulations once again on your recent marriage! I trust that your day was filled with happy memories of the past and bright hopes for the future.

Thank you very much for choosing The Clarendon Bantry Bay as your destination of choice for your honeymoon – we are delighted to be a part of your very special memories.

I would really like to thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay, sharing your experience with us and other travelers.
It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here that makes The Clarendon Bantry Bay a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in. I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope they we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.

Many thanks for staying with us; we look forward to welcoming you back on many future anniversaries.

Warm regards,
Abraham

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

This guest house is a gem.
Very luxurious rooms with superb views out to sea.
Very clean & the guest is immaculately care for.
Good location outside the bustle of Cape Town which is only a short drive away. Also , you can walk to Clifton Bay & Camps Bay although cabs are very cheap.
Breakfast is high quality & Klein makes a mean cocktail.
Finally, the service provided by Abraham & his cannot be faulted.
Will definitely be back