All reviews bush lodge long table steep steps small hill large dining table game drives watering hole mini bar endless patience stone steps course dinner water hole sun loungers other guests sa trip small number two nights
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The personal service is 5 star , very private rooms with a view and private pool. the quietness of this remote setting is ideal for relaxation and very romantic. Ask about a dinner in the bushveld if group is large enough, We had Lion right near the resort , first day two lioness's and two cubs, the next a big male at the water hole . Elephants visiting and playing in the dam and a brown hyena near camp.

Room Tip: there is a big stair way climb to the restaurant and rooms up top , if you cannot walk up lots of stairs , book rooms 8 or 9
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent safari with very knowledgeable and experienced game driver. Hotel made every effort to make our Experiance memorable. Excellent foot and service , and staff couldn’t do enough for you . Lovely safari experiance

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely boutique game lodge which caters to small numbers. Nice intimate experience and personalized service. Well designed and decorated, however be warned the rooms you see on the internet are much bigger than what you get as a standard room. I struggled with the size of the double bed and didn’t sleep well. Our safari guide was a wonderful young man who was enthusiastic, personable and knowledgable about animals and provided great caring service. Tian was terrific full stop what a gem. Dinner was a bit hit and miss, the chef dished up some good and not so great dishes. However his breakfast was perfection. This is a great glamour safari option, I just wish they had the fire pit going every night. I felt sad I didn’t get to enjoy this during our two night stay. We requested this but I think the message got lost somewhere and we ended up being sat by the pool for dinner and the fire remained unlit. I was gutted. We saw quite a few animals on our drives , I recommend wearing very warm clothes the safari drives were freezing! Staff were lovely at Tshukudu I would return if going to this park again. 3 days minimum would be ideal so you can really relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Oh did I mention the stars, the night sky was incredible.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely team of people providing great service in a beautiful location. We were treated to a five star experience from start to finish. Greg and his team are focused on providing you a flawless experience and they succeed! A special mention to Tian(our Ranger and point man, he has such passion about his animals it’s so nice to have a knowledgeable guide who is so client focused and an all round really nice guy). You will find nothing to not like about this place.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Perfect location under the outstanding lodge Management by Greg and his team
They make such an incredible superb job- in any direction.
Service quality at the very highest level- hard to beat.
And always the feeling you are a special guest and friend .
Really hard to leave this diamond.

Room Tip: Every room is great
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends