Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 359
US$ 338
Tshukudu Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 715
  • Pool
Ivory Tree Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 420
US$ 372
  • Breakfast included
Morokolo Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 439
US$ 376
  • Breakfast included
Tambuti Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 604
US$ 570
Agoda.com
Black Rhino Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$ 394
  • Pool
Pilanesberg Private Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 442
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Buffalo Thorn Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsunderground tunnelsun cityunderground hidegame driveswatering holewater holeboma braaitennis courtsown vehiclethe reservegreat resortdinner buffetherd of elephantsclose proximitybush lodgegame parkspent days
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best time share resorts we have been to. The view over the national park was amazing. It is something special to be able to have a BBQ whilst a herd of elephants wonder past. The tunnel to the hide by the watering hole was amazing, we saw so many animals close up, and having cameras which streamed pictures to your room TV was a very good idea. The restaurant was great, and also over looked a watering hole. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We arranged a walking safari, a bird and plant walk and a safari drive from the resort, all of which were very good and informative.
I would thoroughly recommend this resort, and would love to return to show our daughters how great it is.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Patrick636, General Manager at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear sparky2404
Thank you very much for the feedback-much appreciated.
We are so delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. It is noted that you enjoyed the Hide, the hide channel in the room, BBQ, tree walk, the bird walk, and the friendliness of the staff.
Once again, thank you and wish to welcome you back soon at Kwa Maritane.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I like the place so quiet and clean .we had buffet dinner it was good but I didn't like it very much can be much better.the museum was very goof and the guy who took us there were very friendly and nice we really enjoy visiting there

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Astaraee
Thank you for the time spent providing us with feedback - much appreciated.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the buffet even if it can be better. I am not too sure of the details of what you did not like. Please provide me with details so we can be specific in addressing the perceived shortfall.
As for the Museum, we are glad it was good and really enjoyed it.
Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I recently stayed at Kwa Maritane for a long weekend, Friday to Monday.

Cons

Upon arrival, check in at the timeshare desk was vague. I had read the website and was expecting free wifi once I got to the unit. No mention was made regarding the wifi which I subsequently discovered one had to register as a Legacy Member and then receive one gig per unit (I rented two units).

The wifi wasn't worth using. Just thought I would mention if anyone, like myself, needed to set some time aside for work purposes.

It was sweltering HOT, 40 degrees all weekend. We helped ourselves to the fresh juice, although it was not pointed out nor offered to us. Next to the check in desk was a tea and coffee facility plus a Chef making pancakes. We did not for one moment think these were an arrival "gesture" as it was not mentioned to us.

Later in the afternoon we discovered these pancakes were free of charge for Guests. Nice gesture, but the person who checked us in should have mentioned : the wifi, the drinks and the lovely looking pancakes with tea and coffee. Disappointing start.....

I found the Units dark and didn't enjoy they were on different levels without an en-suite bathroom.

Pros
The Units had everything one needed, plus a very comfortable bed. Airconditioning worked fantastically and was certainly needed.
We had the buffet in the restaurant on the Saturday evening. It was a fantastic spread. Most impressed.
Great view from room, saw lots of game.
Braai facilities good

All in all it was a lovely weekend, very relaxing, lovely views and excellent food.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear GM2009Milano
I would like to take this moment to thank you for all the efforts and time taken to provide us with feedback. I have analysed your feedback and I would like to take each item of your experience at a time
1. Check in was vague: I am not sure what has happened here as we have a clear distinct timeshare check in station with a big sign reading Timeshare Check-in. It is always manned by timeshare consultant at all times. However, I will address the shortfall and seek for the best way possible to make it even better in the future.
2. Wifi: This service is only included in the rate for hotel guests not timeshare. My apologies that you did not have this information.
3. Tea & coffee station: As for not been informed that the gesture was for all guests checking in, we will address this accordingly to be more alert and informative.
4. Units dark: We have not had any negative comments regarding the quality of lighting in the units before. However, we have taken note of this for future developments
5. Unit had everything we needed: glad we could be of service to you - much appreciated
6. buffet fantastic: excited to hear that you enjoyed the selection
7. saw lots of game: much appreciated.
8. excellent food: much appreciated.

Thank you for such detailed feedback!. Once again thank you and wish to welcome you back to Kwa Maritane.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Room was excellent - well serviced and cleaned. Amenities are very good. Restaurant and bar were excellent both in terms of quality as well as service from the staff. The management and staff went out of their way to help us with the organisation of a special family birthday celebration.The event proved to be exceptionally well done with lots of care, detail and pride going in to it - the food was spectacular. I get the impression that they really do strive to do their very best for clients at the lodge.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Al H

Dear Al H
It is exciting to receive such positive feedback. Thank you so much for your time - much appreciated. We are super excited to know that you had fantastic experience and lovely birthday celebration at Kwa Maritane. Your impression is well spot on. We proud ourselves for great experience and great service at all times.
Once again, thank you so much and wish to welcome you back on your next birthday celebration.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights last month. The staff were a little grumpy on the whole, not sure why, but the facilities and overall experience of the stay was brilliant. Lovely bedroom and the buffet meals in the restaurant were top dollar. Get a table outside overlooking the waterhole and go to the hide along a 180 metre tunnel from the restaurant. We ventured on both morning and afternoon game drives. The rangers were very experienced and we saw the big five, except for water buffalo, at close range plus masses of buck, giraffe, warthog, zebra and other animals. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for one not too far from the restaurant and reception.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear John W
I would like to take this moment to thank you for the time taken to write this review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are so pleased to know that you had a great stay with lots of game viewing. It is also noted that you enjoyed the hide, game drives, your room, meals, and whole facilities.
As for the staff comment, we will address it accordingly with relevant management as is not our standard and not acceptable.
Your feedback is appreciated!