See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2015

WOW, What a lovely place indeed. We had a blast with my friends.All in all to me it felt like a small haven. Well organised from the kitchen to the bedrooms, the owners are friendly, not forgetting their dog(we became friends in one day).We went there in Sep 2015.

Room Tip: Gold moss have the best view ever.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank songitor
StonecropLodge, Owner at Stonecrop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Hi Songitor

Thank you for taking the time to rate Stonecrop Lodge - we're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you befriended Scallywag! We only hope that she did not become a nuisance in the process! The deck at Gold Moss certainly has lovely views, glad you made use of it!

We hope you and your friends will return soon for another blast of a time in the Lowveld!

Reviewed 11 April 2015

stayed over for two days,what a lovely surprise,beautiful surroundings,and secure.I could even park my vechile in a garage.The room was very clean and the mattress was of very good quality.Perfect for self catering,although there is a cosy little restaurant only 600m away who serves excellent dishes.Stonecrop Lodge are owners run and Alan and Leonara really go out of their way to accommodate you.
I will be back.

Stayed: April 2015
1  Thank LeonF1
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Room Tip: tonecrop is such a beautiful and peaceful destination. The owners have definitely put a lot of hard work and planning into this treasure. This is more than just another home when you are away from home. All rooms are tastefully decorated with attention to detail, definitely revitalizing for body, mind and soul. ell done Alan & Eleonora!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andre-Hermie
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I am in the last hours of an incredible stay at Stonecrop Guest Farm. After spending the past week here with Alan & Lenora, I have come to know this place as my home away from home & my host as my extended family! They have created a very special paradise & take pride in their place. From the moment I arrived, I felt welcomed. Their attentiveness to their guests is outstanding! As I head back to the United States, I know I will be longing to return to Stonecrop & counting the days. Thank you for everything and for making me feel at home in your home! I'll see you next year & the year after & the year after that!
PS Their dog & cat will keep any animal lover company.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank drewalex
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This establishment is a few minute drive to Casterbridge, it set on a large plot full of trees and veld giving it a lovely bush feel. I stayed in the butterfly room. Great spot with its own little veranda and swing chair, surrounded by trees and birds. Was very impressed by how every little detail had been thought of, from an umbrella and bath crystals to a small sewing kit. The room is small but has everything you need if using it as base to explore the area. it was not self catering but had a small fridge and the basics for tea and coffee. There was a complementary homemade rusks and I was given a warm home baked muffin the morning I departed. The hospitality was outstanding. I would happily recommend this spot and stay here again. There is not one thing I would have changed about my stay there.

Room Tip: Butterfly room is set apart from all the other accommodation, its secluded, has its own small veranda and is surrounded by tress.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank moony_kav
Stonecrop G, Manager at Stonecrop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Moony_Kav, thank you so much for the time you took to give us such positive feedback! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Stonecrop so much. From our side, thank you for being such a delightful guest, hope to see you again sometime! :-)