Lowest prices for your stay
$111
$170
Agoda.com
$100
Priceline$117
Hotels.com$170
Travelocity$170
All reviews magnolia restaurant boutique hotel rooms are spacious setting channels venue hostess tranquil
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

Underwhelming for a "boutique hotel". No rooms with baths available after enquiring when we arrived (which we accidentally overlooked when booking), however, if there is only a shower, surely shower caps should be provided on request? None available. The fridge provided is a decent size, but contained no ice, 1 glass and an old gungey plastic bottle of water in the fridge door. Limited bouquet of TV channels, which we couldn't watch because it kept jumping and freezing. The hotel is situated right at a busy intersection, so the noise of trucks and traffic is constant.
The pool looked lovely, but we couldn't use it, being May.
The Magnolia restaurant which is used by the hotel for breakfasts, is a disaster.
We were supposed to stay for 3 nights, but left after 1. We couldn't see the bill, not from our accommodation, nor from our disastrous dinner the night before for some reason, so are not sure whether we were charged for the food we sent back or not. How can you not have an invoice available for customers? You have our card details, so do you just debit whatever you like? Unacceptable! This is NOT what I expected from a boutique hotel. At nearly R4500 a night for bed and breakfast, what you get is iniquitous!

Room tip: White River has really nothing going for it. May be worth stopping over to the Kruger Park, but otherwise very little available to see or do.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2022

The food was just amazing, could not stop raving about the food. They also have brilliant staff, more especially the hostesses. The rooms are spacious, clean and suitable for even a business traveler.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

Delightful stay at the Casterbridge Hollow Boutique hotel. Impeccable service all round, friendly staff and mouth watering food at the Magnolia Restaurant! Made me feel like a VIP. A must visit for any reason! Work or play!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2022

I stayed here two nights, separated by about 10 days. The first time it was amazing. The rooms are laid out uniquely, with sliding doors setting off a dressing room, toilet and shower area. Very nice! Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished except for godawful Persian rugs with about 2 threads left in them. A tiny balcony overlooks the pool so you can open the sliding glass doors for air. Food is available next door in the shopping center at Magnolia Restaurant. Service and food was good so I booked a second night when I returned through White River... and had a totally different experience. When I was shown to my room the bed lights and tv were on. I was assured that was just to make the room feel welcoming. I didn't believe that explanation at the time, and even less so when I found cold coffee and grounds in the French press. The tv was on because it couldn't be turned off. The remote wouldn't even let you change channels so I called the front desk and someone came up to show me if you used both hands and pressed very hard you could change to the channel where static totally obscured the picture. When I went to bed I had to find the power button on the tv set in order to turn it off. At check out I turned in the form listing items that needed attention and the woman at the desk just stonewalled me. So... my first stay was terrific, my second changed my mind completely about whether I would ever go back.

Room tip: Check to see that the tv and a/c work before accepting the room
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 16 March 2022 via mobile

The staff at this venue are spectacular. Authentically friendly, helpful and interested being absolutely delightful hosts. The rooms are spacious, spotless and comfortable and the pool was pure bliss. Thank you for a wonderful stay ❤️

Date of stay: March 2022