All reviews tucked away stayed here brenda gem luxury
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Just 30 minutes driving to Kruger National Park. Compare to some four stars hotel just outside the park, CBH is obviously high valued on price and quality. If you want to save money but enjoy a nice stay, CBH is the NO.1 choice. This hotel is located in very big area like garden. Amazing !!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2018

It would have been nicer to have had a better Christmas lunch and more variety. The breakfast the next morning was very poor and so was the service. That was disappointing because we were looking forward to it but housekeeping was pleasant

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Awesome place located in breathtaking countryside
Well trained and friendly staff
Hanno Coetzee on top of his game
Love the beautifully decorated rooms - I have a soft spot for beautiful furniture

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

My son and I stayed here from 12-14 January 2018 and could see why the hotel was rated as high as it was on all the review websites that I looked at.

It’s location was perfect for us as my daughter was at a swimming camp hosted at Ingwenyama conference resort.

The hotel is beautiful, spotless but what really impressed us was the service. We were attended to by Brenda and Eric who took great care to attend to any faults we found. I unfortunately didn’t get the names of the two managers who also were extremely pleasant and went out of their way too to attend to any issues we had. So much so that I wouldn’t bother to elaborate on these issues because literally the moment we had any niggle it was attended to practically immediately. They were so attentive and genuinely so. As an example, instead of merely directing us to the nearby Ingwenyama restaurant when we asked for it, Brenda physically escorted us both to and fro, taking about 15 minutes of her time to do so. There were many such instances of going over and above the call of duty.

Now...the food...suffice to say I gained at least a kg in just one weekend. All compliments to the chef. We had breakfast on day 1, and I was a little disappointed when I saw the menu as I’d read rave reviews on the breakfast. Well, I stood to be corrected...the reviews were well deserved. They do put out quite a spread. What appeared to be a small menu omitted the fact that they pile you with lots before your hot breakfast arrives...from muesli, to pastries, to cold meats, crackers and cheeses to fruits and only then does your well laid out and prepared hot breakfast make its way to you.

Dinner was amazing. I had a butternut soup which had a hint of cumin that added a lovely taste to the soup. We then had springbok carpaccio which my 12 year old son totally raved about. I had a Pork roast belly and my son a sirloin, also to die for, perfectly cooked. I was not too crazy about the brownie I had (rather dry), but the rest of the meal more than made up for it.

I could write on...but I need to get to the treadmill to work off this 1kg...:-)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2018

This was an excellent hotel and very comfortable, the room we were given was at the front of the hotel giving a lovely view over the grounds.
The staff were very helpful and looked after all our needs, in particular, Wilmarie on reception, Eric the waiter and Xollie the chef
We would recommend this to anyone staying in the White River area.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple