“Shocking”
Review of Selati Station Grillhouse - CLOSED

Selati Station Grillhouse
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Description: this is a resturant at the main rest camp in Skukuza in the Kruger National Park - its in the old train station and is very unusual, very good and not well known
Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

After the fantastic experience I had at the cattle baron in skukuza in November I simply had to go back in December to eat the delightful calamari again. Much to my disappointment there was no calamari. No mushrooms and the main meal I ordered was utterly revolting. An overcooked piece of week old chicken on a plate. I will not be going back here.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Lovely place to grab a quite bite - their pizza's were lovely and the rest of the food looked great too.

3  Thank TeresaFryer
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stopped here in Feb 2012 and loved the food and atmosphere. Made a special trip to Skukuza to show overseas visitors the resturant, only to find it closed until further notice. Quite disappointed!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were honestly surprised to find a restaurant with such a nice setting in a rest camp!

The food is absolutely ok and a great change from the other restaurant’s menu, I personally recommend the lemon chicken kebab and the Amarula Crème Brulee. But what you should really look forward to is the setting: They use the old station and everything really takes you back in time. There is an old locomotive in the station pulling a restored wagon (this is where the bar is) and the whole place is decorated with old pieces of luggage, information tables and pictures.

We just loved it and would have never thought to find such an original place in the middle of the bush!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just loved this place - I've never eaten next to a steam train on a railway platform before.
The manageress, Terry Sue, had this place well sorted - great food well presented by attentive, pleasant staff. I just wish she could be allowed to sort all the other restaurants in the park.

We had two courses each, two drinks before and a bottle of Pinotage - all for R500 inc. tip.
( Terry Sue - I told you I'd give you top marks!)