“Pizza”
Review of Selati Station Grillhouse - CLOSED

Selati Station Grillhouse
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Description: this is a resturant at the main rest camp in Skukuza in the Kruger National Park - its in the old train station and is very unusual, very good and not well known
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Lovely place to grab a quite bite - their pizza's were lovely and the rest of the food looked great too.

3  Thank TeresaFryer

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stopped here in Feb 2012 and loved the food and atmosphere. Made a special trip to Skukuza to show overseas visitors the resturant, only to find it closed until further notice. Quite disappointed!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were honestly surprised to find a restaurant with such a nice setting in a rest camp!

The food is absolutely ok and a great change from the other restaurant’s menu, I personally recommend the lemon chicken kebab and the Amarula Crème Brulee. But what you should really look forward to is the setting: They use the old station and everything really takes you back in time. There is an old locomotive in the station pulling a restored wagon (this is where the bar is) and the whole place is decorated with old pieces of luggage, information tables and pictures.

We just loved it and would have never thought to find such an original place in the middle of the bush!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just loved this place - I've never eaten next to a steam train on a railway platform before.
The manageress, Terry Sue, had this place well sorted - great food well presented by attentive, pleasant staff. I just wish she could be allowed to sort all the other restaurants in the park.

We had two courses each, two drinks before and a bottle of Pinotage - all for R500 inc. tip.
( Terry Sue - I told you I'd give you top marks!)

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We'd eaten in the main Skuzuza restaurant the night before which was pretty bland. It was so nice to come here, sit in the amazing platform and soak up the atmospehere. The drinks are well priced and the kids meals are decent. What made the meal for us (in a large group) was the most amazing pork belly dish. I've eaten in some excellent London places, and this beat them all, Just perfect for a winters evening.

The pudding of a Jaffle (I think) with the best peanut butter icecream was also incredible.

There was a young female South African chef in the kitchen and you could see her checking/tasting all the dishes on the way out (and she sent a few back!).

Service is a little slow, but it's a relaxed place to eat and I can't imagine anyone staying there is in that much of a hurry.