“super day”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 77.38*
and up
Full-Day Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park Big Five Game...
More attraction details
Owner description: Monzi Safaris is a tour operator situated in St Lucia South Africa. We specialize in game drives to Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve(a big five reserve) We also offer tours to Cape Vidal,estuary cruises,birding safaris,horse riding, whale whatching and night drives. Monzi Safaris is also the proud owner of Monzi Safaris Tented Camp. This luxury en-suite tented camp is situated right in the middle of town, surrounded by restaurants.
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Date of experience: February 2018
Henre V, General Manager at Monzi Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"leopard"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived for our week long visit to enjoy Cape Vidal. A private beach in the isiMangaliso Wetlands. We booked online for the GameDrive via Monzi Safari Tours. We booked online a week before our arrival in local currency because US$ was a few hundred more. We didn’t receive any email confirmation or details so opted to contact Monzi directly when we were in town.

I made payment and my bank confirmed yet Henre asked me to contact my bank because on their side it appeared as though I cancelled the booking because they did not receive payment. I proceed to show him and the accounts lady my actual bank account to prove I had paid and then subsequently also sent them screen shots of my bank account after I had left. At no point did it occur to the client servicing team that perhaps they should contact their service provider/paygate to receive proof of payment or cancellation before instructing the client to get proof despite her disclosing her private bank account information in an effort to prove otherwise. This is a rookie mistake when it comes to delivering a superior and internationally recognized CX.

The manager/Henre eventually found my payment and confirmed my booking. It wasn’t a great start... I would recommend that once you have made payment you make an effort or ask your PA/Personal Assistant to ensure all the details have been captured as you wish. Don’t overlook any details when making this booking... detail in creating a memorable CX from start to finish does not appear to be there strength... it’s in the middle and throughout... the welcome and goodbye have room for improvement to deliver a full 10!

Arno delivered an exceptional game drive for my family and I. Well educated and versed on animals, he charmed my eight year old son by letting him ride in the front seat to get all the action. He helped other drivers, branded from competitors, which was a clear showcase of community, Ubuntu and all things South African. While he forgot the coffee cups, he was quick to think up a plan to deliver to all our needs. We saw herds, pride and towers of game! We saw fish eagles, bird of prey and the prettiest flying creatures I have ever seen. We were comfortable in a proper 4X4 and not a makeshift Bakkie that I saw the other competitors driving in which appeared to be a 4X2. As a seasoned game driver passenger, I know the importance of driving in a car that can do 4X4. Is recommend you book for a tour of Hluhluwe, the morning drive and with Arno. Ask him to put the cover down as you head home or it could be a chilly and somewhat painful hour drive home with open vents and windows. All in all a high 9 out of 10!! Thank you Arno!! Money well spent!!!

Date of experience: December 2017
Henre1, General Manager at Monzi Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Hi Michelle. Thank you for a fair review, however I would like to stress that unfortunately we deal with an online booking agent. Somehow your booking slipped through the cracks, as you yourself mentioned there was an payment issue with Paygate. If for some reason payment does not go through online they cancel the booking. The only way for me to investigate the issue was to ask you for proof of payment. However I take note of your complaint and will try to rectify a few issues with the front office.
Thank you for booking with us and hopefully next time will be a 10!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Date of experience: November 2017

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I have visited HIP a number of times, and the most recent with Monzi was by far the best. This is due solely due to caliber of our driver, Pat. His knowledge of the geography and geology of the area, patterns of animal behavior, and genuine love for the ecosystem made for an unforgettable experience.I felt that Pat truly wanted to do whatever he could to enhance our experience. When I return in the future, Monzi will be getting my call.

Date of experience: August 2017
Henre1, General Manager at Monzi Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you very much for this great review and we look forward to be of service to you in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This weekend we visited St Lucia and stayed a night at Monzi Safaris, thank goodness it was only one night.

We were welcomed by friendly staff and taken to our room, on arrival we realised that we had no electricity in our room. We were advised by the staff that we would be moved to another room and proceeded to back all of our belongings up.

Once packed and awaiting to be moved, we were informed that there were no other rooms and that our electricity would be fixed.

The problem was temporarily fixed until later on Saturday when it went out once again. This time we were moved to another room with a broken toilet seat and no hot water. (This was communicated to the staff and "fixed" but we still ended up having cold showers as no hot water appeared)

Furthermore, to add insult to injury, we spent most of the Saturday trying to avoid our accommodation as there was loud and obscene music playing the entire day.

And then we were rudely awoken at 7am on the Sunday morning to the cleaning staff loudly washing dishes, talking and making noise right outside our tent.

Monzi safari has great potential but is unfortunately very poorly run.

We will definitely not be returning. It was definitely not worth the R970 we paid for 2 people!!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Amy A

Good day
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to find out about your stay that was unsatisfactory. Unfortunately we did have issues with the electricity at your tent, but it happens all over the world and to the best of establishments. As you rightly said we replaced the faulty part but the next day we had another issue. As far as the broken toilet seat is concerned, apparently the nuts just came undone and was fixed as soon as it was brought under our attention. When the water was tested it was found that there was hot water, you just did not let it run long enough for it to heat up. Once again I apologize for your bad experience.