“Mkhuze & Surrounds with Themba”

Themba's Birding and Ecotours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a surperb Birdwatching and hiking in the ISimangaliso Wetland Park in the north eastern region of South Africa.This tours accomponed by most expirienced Guides introduce you to many wonders of Nature,including mangrooves swamps,Wildlife,Highest vegetated Sand dunes,beaches Savannas and Lakes. Our birding trips range from 2-3hours -all the way to a multi-day outing. We pick up visitors from where they stay or arrange meeting points. We do all the Zululand north east coastal reserves from St.Lucia,Falsebay,Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park,Mkuze,Sodwana,Tembe Elephant Park,Ndumo and Kosi Bay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great day birding with Themba in the Mkhuze fig forest and surrounding areas. Specials included Green Malkoha, white-eared Barbet, rosy-throated longclaw, rufous-winged cisticola and dark-backed weaver. Very friendly with great knowledge. Very impressive with mimicking bird calls. We are avid twitchers and we learnt a lot for Themba. Thanks for the great experience Themba.

Thank Ferdinand Johan... v
Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for a such a possitive response.it's been a great time birding with you and your interest to explore with me for more and more has been surely rewarding at last

Looking forwarx to bird with you in the future

Reviewed 5 November 2017

What a fantastic and special day for my wife and I ! Themba and Mbalani were fantastic.Eyes like hawks! We definitely would not have seen so many birds on our own.We must have seen at least 50 different species on the day.Both guides (now friends) were very hospitable,patient and accommodating to our requirements.The calling out of birds was extraordinary.We highly recommend the use of their services.You will not be disappointed.

I am so glad that you enjoyed time birding with us. It is all for love and interest into Avian friends which helps me understand their language and behaviour thus making it easy for me to get to them in time. It is not only my priority to directly locate any birds locality within incredebly given time ,however,more importantly to help my clients share love and intersting behaviour spiced up with a bit of birdlour.

Thanks for your support to try us.its been a great time birding with you

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

It was really great day for us. Themba has got awesome knowledge about all the birds and animals as well.
Although we decided just one day ahead, it worked out to do a full day trip with him (7,5 h). We would definitely recommend him as a birding guide.

Stluciabirding, Director of Sales at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Your support and love for our southern African is incredible.
I its my responsibility to make all my customers happy.

Looking forward to birding with you again

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Thank you very much for the tour we did with you. It was one of our highlights to the area and one that I will surely never forget. The way you led the tour was perfect, your knowledge of the birds, their behaviour and their calls were outstanding. We also found the things you told us about the Zulu culture related to some of the birds very fascinating.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Many thanks for such a valuable positive response towards our Birding activities. I really appreciate!

We also really enjoy your company and your love and interest in birds even made it more easy for me to locate few more elusive species with easy.

We are dedicated to provide all of our clients with the best birding experience that South Africa has to offer.

Enjoy your traveling until we meet in South Africa again thank you! Themba

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We went on a half day trip with Pinidile and an intern who was also very knowledgable. Pinidile was very patient and made sure we saw the birds she was pointing out. Neither of us are birders but we figured that St. Lucia is great birding destination and we should get some help finding and identifying birds. These people knew all the places to go, made sure we had bug spray for some mosquitos and showed us birds. We went to a vacant lot in town and saw at least 10 varieties, then to a sewage plant/ lagoon at least 20 more then a walk in the woods still more and finally the estuary still more. We saw the southern brown throated weaver, sooty tern and fish eagle plus a samango monkey.

1  Thank roadieplanner
Themba M, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Many thanks for such a good review . I really appreciate it! We will always make sure that our birding experience differs very far from other wide range of other similar activities by making sure that your tour is privatised and your birds seen are unique. I personally will keep up an updated training of my guides to help provide a good quality services from time to time. Thank you!