Review Highlights
Fantastic Birding

Missing out on a few birds like the Narnia and Livingstones ... and some other coastal birds we... read more

Reviewed 16 August 2018
khaghla
Mkuze, South Africa
via mobile
Amazing birding guide!!

Themba guided us around St Lucia and we could see more than 50 kinds of birds including Narina... read more

Reviewed 31 July 2018
nagacumatz
Umhlanga, South Africa

All reviews bird calls bird guide great birding his knowledge birding tour forest walk different species tail end bird watching two hours south africa bird life fish eagles batis throated field birders
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

It was really great day for us. Themba has got awesome knowledge about all the birds and animals as well.
Although we decided just one day ahead, it worked out to do a full day trip with him (7,5 h). We would definitely recommend him as a birding guide.

Stluciabirding, Director of Sales at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Your support and love for our southern African is incredible.
I its my responsibility to make all my customers happy.

Looking forward to birding with you again

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Thank you very much for the tour we did with you. It was one of our highlights to the area and one that I will surely never forget. The way you led the tour was perfect, your knowledge of the birds, their behaviour and their calls were outstanding. We also found the things you told us about the Zulu culture related to some of the birds very fascinating.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Many thanks for such a valuable positive response towards our Birding activities. I really appreciate!

We also really enjoy your company and your love and interest in birds even made it more easy for me to locate few more elusive species with easy.

We are dedicated to provide all of our clients with the best birding experience that South Africa has to offer.

Enjoy your traveling until we meet in South Africa again thank you! Themba

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We went on a half day trip with Pinidile and an intern who was also very knowledgable. Pinidile was very patient and made sure we saw the birds she was pointing out. Neither of us are birders but we figured that St. Lucia is great birding destination and we should get some help finding and identifying birds. These people knew all the places to go, made sure we had bug spray for some mosquitos and showed us birds. We went to a vacant lot in town and saw at least 10 varieties, then to a sewage plant/ lagoon at least 20 more then a walk in the woods still more and finally the estuary still more. We saw the southern brown throated weaver, sooty tern and fish eagle plus a samango monkey.

1  Thank roadieplanner
Themba M, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Many thanks for such a good review . I really appreciate it! We will always make sure that our birding experience differs very far from other wide range of other similar activities by making sure that your tour is privatised and your birds seen are unique. I personally will keep up an updated training of my guides to help provide a good quality services from time to time. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Themba is a superb bird guide, once of the best I have ever encountered. He is quiet spoken and friendly. His field identification skills are superb. His ability to mimic the bird calls is outstanding. He uses an old truck to get around, which is suitable for the activity encountered. He does not provide food or drink, so you must bring your own or buy it along the way. I hired him for 3 days and paid him for 3 days, but he only provided me with 2.5 days, leaving the last day for a meeting. This was not appropriate in my opinion. However, to balance this criticism he took me out very early the day before to find wet grassland birds in a location far away from St. Lucia. We found 3 species of Longclaws in a couple of hours which was outstanding. So maybe this extra long day balanced the half day. I highly recommend hiring this young man as a bird guide, but make sure you agree on price and timing in advance.

Themba M, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Many thanks Paul, for sharing with most of the world our incredible birding experience in St. Lucia- South Africa. From my few long years of experience I will always try to share with every connoisseurs as well as beginners alike, the love of nature and birding tourism in South Africa. Thanks a lot for your support to choose the right place for birding experience again.
I'm looking forward to meet you in future being more advanced that time again.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Themba was a very knowledgable guide who gave us excellent advice on the special birds we were looking for.He was also enthusiastic about birding and having grown up in the area knew the finer details of the birds . We were very fortunate to see the Rosy throated longclaw a very rare and also stunningly beautiful bird (please see pics) as well as Neergards sunbird, Black Cuckooshrike , Pink throated twinspot, Black winged Lapwing and many other birds we would never have seen without him.The best guide we have been with in our native South Africa by far!!

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Many Thanks George & Karin for your interest and compliment on our great birding trip. We always try hard to deliver according to our birders's expectations and I m glad to this far we are still keeping on a good track. We will continue to do so to please our clients while promoting birding tourism.

Looking forward at giving such an experience to our next client.