“Great Birding with a great guide.”

Themba's Birding and Ecotours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a surperb Birdwatching and hiking in the ISimangaliso Wetland Park in the north eastern region of South Africa.This tours accomponed by most expirienced Guides introduce you to many wonders of Nature,including mangrooves swamps,Wildlife,Highest vegetated Sand dunes,beaches Savannas and Lakes. Our birding trips range from 2-3hours -all the way to a multi-day outing. We pick up visitors from where they stay or arrange meeting points. We do all the Zululand north east coastal reserves from St.Lucia,Falsebay,Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park,Mkuze,Sodwana,Tembe Elephant Park,Ndumo and Kosi Bay
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We had an awesome time birding with Themba. His knowledge is excellent and he showed us all the birds we asked for. I will highly recommend him if you are in the area for birding. On our own we would never have found the birds we were looking for.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Johan and thanks for great review and your support to appreciate the great birding of is St.Lucia birds.

We will continue to ensure our visitors a great birding delight.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We did a half day of birding with Phindile, born and raised in St Lucia and a wonderful teacher. Her excitement about the birds was contagious and we delighted in her ability to mimic the bird calls. We started in the park, then went on a forest walk to see the birds there--managing to sight several quite special birds. We then headed to he shore to spend time watching the shore birds, not to mention a few nearby Crocs. Then we ended our half day at the "sewer", a reedy area that was home to a lot of very interesting bird life. We couldn't have been happier. And we would highly recommend Phindile; not too many women guides, and she was quite good.

1  Thank KayakDC
Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Kati

Thanks for your great review.

It's a pleasure that You had a great time with Phindile. Phindile is one of my Birdlife & FGASA trained lady-guide -She trained with me few years ago before attaining her formal training with FGASA .She is very enthusiastic emerging-female guide in the industry and I m looking forward at recruiting many others of the same calibre.It is indeed such a culture at our birding tours to deliver exceptionally well according to our client's needs.

All the Best until we meet again in South Africa. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Themba is one of South Africa's leading bird experts and to get him for such a reasonable price for a 3 hour morning walk in the forest near town is something you shouldn't pass up. There's quite a lot of different species to see around the different habitats near town and, although I'm no twitcher; just a 'casual' birder, Themba's extensive knowledge and enthusiasm is infectious. We were lucky to spot the near-threatened Rudd's Apalis AND get a decent photo with my point-and-shoot camera, as Themba kept calling to it to keep it close by. I'd never have been able to spot that or know what I'd seen if I had, without Themba. An all round nice guy, too.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thanks Mark for such a great comment. I really appreciate it!
Thanks for your support to bird with me despite many other companies. I will always try to go to unique in providing a best birding quality. I will surely try and go extra miles to assist and introduce anyone whom after handing over his/her expectations,then cooperatively work with me to help achieve his /her dream. Thank you

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We just returned from a South African photo safari. We thought it would be a good opportunity for some birding and found Themba's website. His reviews looked pretty good so we set it up for a half-day. We thought we might get to encounter some exotic African birds in their natural habitat--what we got was starlings on a telephone wire. We spent most of the time riding around in a beat up truck with greasy grey-filmed windows. We could hardly wait for the experience to end, but when it did, he demanded three times the agreed upon price--he claimed that he had to use someone else's vehicle. Fortunately, this was our first day in-country and we didn't allow it to spoil the rest of our trip. The remainder of our vacation was great, but should you choose to use Themba, you have been warned.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Mary.
I'm very shocked by yo cold comment and decided I should take time and respond back to you.
As far as I know iSimangalisowetland park is home to over 526 birds species making it the best birding destination in SA for both begginer and connosseur. So if u claimed that it's me who took you out and showed you starlings,your statement comment is possibly in question,misleading,contradictory and ofcourse defaming the whole iSimangaliso wetland park's IUCN status,if not tarnishing all my good years of birding experience.

I must also respectfully mention to you that even if this is a heaven to variety of Birdlife there are still not all kept in zoo or cages. For this is a world protected natural conservation area(a world heritage site with no exotic birds unfortunately within our boundaries. But you should ofcourse also appreciate an immense beauty of
unspoilt pristine habitats campared to the most devastated frm across the globe.

Our trucks are are of good quality standards and are always cleaned before being used vehicle if they hired trucks I m sorry if this was the case by the time you were picked up.
All visitors who are booking online should please always read and confirm with us esp.the p and transport which options are clearly stated in our web. www.zulubirding.jimdo.com.

I respect your comment and wish next good birding trip with me in South Africa again. I will even make sure that next time you come we keep the list of what s,maybe send it to all other media spaces that speak good of me like this one.Thank you Themba

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Themba's knowledge on birds is extensive. Not just what type of bird or identifying a bird by their call but also adds an interesting dimension with his amazing cultural stories on birds. He has a really nice and calm energy and doesn't overload you with information.

Stluciabirding, Owner at Themba's Birding and Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Nerosha.

Many thanks for your positive comments on my services. It is my duty to aromatize action once birding begins-otherwise you guys could just find it more boring and flat.

One of my spices to these tours is to try and help people senses communicate with environment more than me at large.,that helps their soul to revel and sail serenely along the beauty of our incredible nature splendour. I believe There is more to it than just a walkabout.One gets to communicate,take back and give back to nature than a normal hence many people miss that important part of nature walks.

I 'm looking forward at hosting your other energetic team in future again. Thanks Themba