Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$104
Hotels.com$104
Priceline$103
Travelocity$104
FindHotel$104
Orbitz.com$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2020

Many small problems in my room and in the hotel.
the bathroom in my room was full of tiny ants. I alerted the reception, the problem repeated itself a day later.

very long time until the water in the shower became hot, too long.

room decoration is old

very narrow swimming pool

air condition in room was too strong

curtains were not dark enough and did not block outside lights

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank olapidot1
Garrick G, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Dear Olapidot1

At the outset, I would like to apologize for all the little things that were not correct throughout your stay with us. It by no means reflects the high level of service we strive for.

I have raised the items with the relevant departments who have assured me that action will be taken to rectify the shortcomings.

We trust the rest of your trip went well and that you enjoyed vacation. Should your travels bring you back to Nelspruit, we would like to be given an opportunity to improve on your last stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Kind Regards
Garrick Grabe

Reviewed 1 December 2019

Check-in was smooth and quick. The room was not spacious but acceptable. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean, although on the second day of our stay the room was not cleaned when we came back from our day outing. The matter was attended to but the service standard was not good. Buffet breakfast and dinner was good but service was very slow. The hotel gardens looked good and welcoming. Generally staff was friendly and helpful. Generally the stay was good.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank MsimangaMR
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Friendly staff, nice food, they have to beef up the vegetarian option, the rooms are decent sized, I also liked the free upgraded as a rewards member, check-in and check out process was smooth and efficient,

Room tip: rooms behind the pool are better with you don't want to waken by the smell of breakfast being prepared
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2019

Had an excellent stay at this hotel. Tastefully furnished, very clean and neat. The rooms are also a decent size. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly- from the front desk to thr restaurant staff. The restaurant service was good as well and the food great, albeit a bit on the expensive side. Overall a fantastic hotel- no complaints whatsoever.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

This one has to win the prize as the worst Potea Hotel I have ever stayed and I will not be going back.

As always, no vegetarian even after stipulating in the booking.
The salad looked old and tired, so no supper for me with a stoned ginger bear because they had run out of coke - how pathetic is that!

Toast and my own Marmite for breakfast and when I asked for a water, they had the cheek to bill me R25 for it over and above the R350 daily allowance I have for food which I ate R0.00 worth on Sunday night and a toasted sandwich on day 2.

The room was also tired, with odd left over bits of furniture and the odd 2 double bed deal again. Not to mention that my room was tight above the entrance so shrieking drunk patrons arriving back late at night a day making a racket were a standard edition.

The second day saw me looking to use the business center which wasn’t working, surprise surprise.

And a toasted cheese sandwich for dinner.

Pathetic service, horrible rooms and no food - I am never going back, they suck and it is downhill the whole way.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Garrick G, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2019

Dear 99julesm

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the stay you experienced. It by no means reflects our high level of service we strive for.

My Team and I have sat down and discussed each of the points raised. My Team has assured me that they will rectify the short comings, implement procedures and add more vegetarian options to our offering. I will follow this through.

We value your business and would hate for this experience to be your last with us. When in Nelspruit again, please do allow us the opportunity prove to you that our service is not what you experienced.

Once again, please accept my humble apologies for this experience.

Kind Regards