Lowest prices for your stay
$105
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$107
Trip.com
$93
Hotels.com$106
Priceline$105
Travelocity$107
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Friendly staff, nice food, they have to beef up the vegetarian option, the rooms are decent sized, I also liked the free upgraded as a rewards member, check-in and check out process was smooth and efficient,

Room tip: rooms behind the pool are better with you don't want to waken by the smell of breakfast being prepared
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2019

Had an excellent stay at this hotel. Tastefully furnished, very clean and neat. The rooms are also a decent size. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly- from the front desk to thr restaurant staff. The restaurant service was good as well and the food great, albeit a bit on the expensive side. Overall a fantastic hotel- no complaints whatsoever.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

This one has to win the prize as the worst Potea Hotel I have ever stayed and I will not be going back.

As always, no vegetarian even after stipulating in the booking.
The salad looked old and tired, so no supper for me with a stoned ginger bear because they had run out of coke - how pathetic is that!

Toast and my own Marmite for breakfast and when I asked for a water, they had the cheek to bill me R25 for it over and above the R350 daily allowance I have for food which I ate R0.00 worth on Sunday night and a toasted sandwich on day 2.

The room was also tired, with odd left over bits of furniture and the odd 2 double bed deal again. Not to mention that my room was tight above the entrance so shrieking drunk patrons arriving back late at night a day making a racket were a standard edition.

The second day saw me looking to use the business center which wasn’t working, surprise surprise.

And a toasted cheese sandwich for dinner.

Pathetic service, horrible rooms and no food - I am never going back, they suck and it is downhill the whole way.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Garrick G, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2019

Dear 99julesm

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the stay you experienced. It by no means reflects our high level of service we strive for.

My Team and I have sat down and discussed each of the points raised. My Team has assured me that they will rectify the short comings, implement procedures and add more vegetarian options to our offering. I will follow this through.

We value your business and would hate for this experience to be your last with us. When in Nelspruit again, please do allow us the opportunity prove to you that our service is not what you experienced.

Once again, please accept my humble apologies for this experience.

Kind Regards
Garrick Grabe

Reviewed 13 August 2019

A two day business trip brought me to this very welcoming hotel. Friendly front desk staff with efficient check in process. To my surprise I see my name on a board welcoming me - I am impressed. The same when I get into my room - the last time I experienced a personal greeting was in India. My room is clean and my king size bed was more than comfortable, You know you have arrived when you have Derjeerling teas in the complimentary refreshment station -another special touch. Breakfast is delicious and caters for all tastes. Buffet dinner also has a great selection. The decor is up to date with a beautiful touch of Africa. All the while the staff are checking on you to see if you are ok or need anything. Wifi is available but I struggled to connect so resorted to using my own. But a quick walk downstairs would have sorted it out, I am sure. I had no time to lounge by the pool but that water was very inviting on the day that it was 36 degrees. A very comfortable stay with true Mpumalanga hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Business visit to attend a conference. Excellent service. Very clean. We only got to eat breakfast there but it was fresh and of a good quality. They even scheduled an earlier breakfast than normal on our last day. Staff were also helpful

Date of stay: August 2019