Review Highlights
We felt the touch of Carl and Pat throughout our journey.

Prior to our trip, we spoke with Carl. He was knowledgeable of the area, and quickly got a feel... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2019
123_MisterE
Trip of a Lifetime!!!

16 day trip from Cape Town to Botswana and would take about that long to tell of all the wonderful... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2019
joneo
Tenafly, New Jersey

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

We went with a family of 6 with Carl on this amazing trip! We started in Johannesburg and left early in the morning to go to Swadini a forever resort which was my personal favourite. We spent a day and half there and headed to Kruger national park, which was simply mind blowing and life changing. We were lucky enough to see the "Big 5" all in the same day. In Krugar National park we were driving through and ended up in a massive group on wild Buffalo and started to hear lions roar in the distance, came around the corner and were right beside a whole pride of lions following the Buffalo. After a few great days spent in the park driving around and seeing all the spectacular wild life we drove through South Africa to Cape Vidal. The one day we were lucky enough to go horse back riding in the wild right next to Zebras.Made the most of the Ocean and giant waves and beaches that go on for miles and miles, also went into a bat cave. Another few days there we went to "Giants Castle" went hiking every day through the mountain streams and even into the high points of the mountains and seen the old cave paintings from the people that used to live in them and live off of the land. Sadly after 2 days there the trip came to an end and we drove back to Johannesburg and flew home. This trip was an experience of a life time the price was great and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 28 January 2019

We went to South Africa on family (7 total including our guide, Carl) vacation with Carl, and it was nothing short of Fantastic! We really had no idea what to expect and were blown away. Our first stop was Kruger National park. It felt like a dream come true, Carl seemed to know the best spots to take us for maximum game viewing, and he literally knew the names, breeding, eating, and hunting habits of every. single. animal. We spent so much time saying "Carl what is..." or "Carl tell us..." or "Carl, why..." and he always had an answer. His passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for South Africa, and in particular its wildlife was unparalleled.

After Kruger, we went to Cape Vidal and then onto Drakensberg where Carl continued to be our master driver, guide, and chef. He really took the time to ensure we were having once-in-a-lifetime trip and that we felt both safe and happy. He is the ultimate professional!

If you are planning a safari vacation I would 100% recommend Wild Journeys. You are sure to love it!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

Our guide was super knowledgable with great gut instincts. Truly was the trip of a life time with each destination/stop feeling better than the last. From ensuring we saw all there was to see in the time we had, to providing just enough down time so that we had the energy for those early morning safari walks etc. Couldn't be more grateful!

1  Thank kvnnlsn
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Our experience with Wild Journey’s was excellent. It was our first time planning a trip to Southern Africa and we were also a little late in getting things going. It took us a while to figure out what our priorities were on this trip, but Carl was patient with us. We had so many questions, but they were always answered promptly and with detail. We spoke to a few other companies, but when we wanted something revised on the schedule they seemed to stop listening, and the new schedule would be further away from what we wanted. Carl was the only tour guide that really listened to our requests about what we wanted in the trip as well as our budget. Each revision he made of our trip got us closer to what we wanted, and we ended up with all the things we wanted in our dream trip within our budget. Even though we were late in getting booked, he took the time to significantly shift the schedule around to make sure we got into the places we wanted to go. Carl delivered a trip that was above and beyond in all facets. One of our main priorities was seeing lots of animals on our games drives, and our expectations were exceeded. We have memories for a lifetime. We were also concerned about being packed into a game drive vehicle, however we were able to stay at lodges that did not do this, which made picture taking and listening to the driver much easier. We found we could really trust Carl’s knowledge on the lodges we were staying at and his recommendations based on what we had communicated to him. I also had concerns about all the transfers (the pick-ups and drop-offs); considering we had five flights during our stay in Africa including additional land transfers. The transfers were well-planned and the drivers were always early, friendly, and informative. I cannot express how much more relaxed and enjoyable this made the trip. He also made sure that our lodges knew about our anniversary, and we received special treatment from anniversary cakes to beds sprayed with flowers to displays of candles and signs. It made us feel special, valued, and cared for. Wild Journey’s made sure all the details were taken care of on this trip and we would book with them again in an instant.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank HandRB58
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I cannot say enough about Wild Journeys, Pat and Carl and their entire network of in-country tour guides and affiliated hotels, etc. I've been dreaming of going to Africa to see an elephant in it's natural habitat for my entire life. When I started down this journey, I had expectations, but Wild Journey's exceeded each and every one of them. It was the first vacation in my life in which I didn't have to think. Every detail was thoroughly covered from meals to transport to excursions. We spent 4 days May-June 2017) in Cape Town exploring Robben Island, Table Mountain, Wineries, the Ostrich Farm, the penguin colony, and eating amazing food all while resting our heads in a beautiful ocean front suite every night. Then off to Kruger where I saw my elephant times 40+! I had tears of joy in my eyes every day from that point on taking in the majestic creatures I've adored my whole life! The accommodations were gorgeous and intimate. Nothing to do but relax, eat and enjoy the incredible safari adventures. We capped the trip with Victoria Falls Hotel, the Falls and elephant back safari in a sanctuary in town. A private VIP boat tour on the Zambezi river had my friends believing I must be a rock star as this trip was first class start to end. The truth is Pat and Carl are the rock stars! I've already begun thinking about when I can get back to Africa and look forward to the opportunity to work with Pat and Carl again!

Date of experience: August 2017