Review Highlights
We felt the touch of Carl and Pat throughout our journey.

Prior to our trip, we spoke with Carl. He was knowledgeable of the area, and quickly got a feel... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2019
123_MisterE
Trip of a Lifetime!!!

16 day trip from Cape Town to Botswana and would take about that long to tell of all the wonderful... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2019
joneo
Tenafly, New Jersey

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

Our guide was super knowledgable with great gut instincts. Truly was the trip of a life time with each destination/stop feeling better than the last. From ensuring we saw all there was to see in the time we had, to providing just enough down time so that we had the energy for those early morning safari walks etc. Couldn't be more grateful!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank kvnnlsn
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Our experience with Wild Journey’s was excellent. It was our first time planning a trip to Southern Africa and we were also a little late in getting things going. It took us a while to figure out what our priorities were on this trip, but Carl was patient with us. We had so many questions, but they were always answered promptly and with detail. We spoke to a few other companies, but when we wanted something revised on the schedule they seemed to stop listening, and the new schedule would be further away from what we wanted. Carl was the only tour guide that really listened to our requests about what we wanted in the trip as well as our budget. Each revision he made of our trip got us closer to what we wanted, and we ended up with all the things we wanted in our dream trip within our budget. Even though we were late in getting booked, he took the time to significantly shift the schedule around to make sure we got into the places we wanted to go. Carl delivered a trip that was above and beyond in all facets. One of our main priorities was seeing lots of animals on our games drives, and our expectations were exceeded. We have memories for a lifetime. We were also concerned about being packed into a game drive vehicle, however we were able to stay at lodges that did not do this, which made picture taking and listening to the driver much easier. We found we could really trust Carl’s knowledge on the lodges we were staying at and his recommendations based on what we had communicated to him. I also had concerns about all the transfers (the pick-ups and drop-offs); considering we had five flights during our stay in Africa including additional land transfers. The transfers were well-planned and the drivers were always early, friendly, and informative. I cannot express how much more relaxed and enjoyable this made the trip. He also made sure that our lodges knew about our anniversary, and we received special treatment from anniversary cakes to beds sprayed with flowers to displays of candles and signs. It made us feel special, valued, and cared for. Wild Journey’s made sure all the details were taken care of on this trip and we would book with them again in an instant.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank HandRB58
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I cannot say enough about Wild Journeys, Pat and Carl and their entire network of in-country tour guides and affiliated hotels, etc. I've been dreaming of going to Africa to see an elephant in it's natural habitat for my entire life. When I started down this journey, I had expectations, but Wild Journey's exceeded each and every one of them. It was the first vacation in my life in which I didn't have to think. Every detail was thoroughly covered from meals to transport to excursions. We spent 4 days May-June 2017) in Cape Town exploring Robben Island, Table Mountain, Wineries, the Ostrich Farm, the penguin colony, and eating amazing food all while resting our heads in a beautiful ocean front suite every night. Then off to Kruger where I saw my elephant times 40+! I had tears of joy in my eyes every day from that point on taking in the majestic creatures I've adored my whole life! The accommodations were gorgeous and intimate. Nothing to do but relax, eat and enjoy the incredible safari adventures. We capped the trip with Victoria Falls Hotel, the Falls and elephant back safari in a sanctuary in town. A private VIP boat tour on the Zambezi river had my friends believing I must be a rock star as this trip was first class start to end. The truth is Pat and Carl are the rock stars! I've already begun thinking about when I can get back to Africa and look forward to the opportunity to work with Pat and Carl again!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank dehrpro
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We just returned from an absolutely fantastic and seamless trip to south Africa booked through Wild Journeys. Aside from the great value, the care, concern, attention to detail, recommendations, advice, selections, and all-around feel and experience were second to none. We would highly recommend Wild Journeys to anyone considering a trip to Africa. We wish we could go with them again soon. Great job guys. Thank you very much for putting together a trip of a lifetime.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank TorontoJohnZ
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This was the second time I worked with Pat and Wild Journeys on my visit to Africa. We visited South Africa, Botswana, and Victoria Falls, and for the entire two weeks, we never once had to worry about the details! Every transition between hotels was flawless, and every tour and guide met any expectation we could have. Pat answered all our questions beforehand, and laid out the perfect trip for us.

I cannot recommend enough using Wild Journeys to book your next trip to Africa. Let them handle the logistics, and you just enjoy your fantastic vacation!

Date of experience: September 2017