See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2011

i had been given a wonderful opportunity to visit Elangeni Lodge last month.The place is beautiful, the rooms are clean and well kept, the food is delicious, the service up to standard, we really enjoyed our stay in Elangeni Loddge. we recommend it to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NelspruitTourlover
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My colleagues and I have stayed at Elangeni literally since before it opened. Proprietors Haba and Chris are warm, welcoming, and the staff is friendly and helpful without being officious and annoying. The spacious, clean huts are fully air-con, most with TVs and all with mosquito nets (we go throughout the year and don't really need nets b/c of the air con).

The food has its good days and bad days, but bar is amazing, pool is a lovely extra (so is the trampoline for kids of all ages), and the landscape is uniquely African!

It's a bit of a hike from Kruger (30 minutes), but given the other nearby options, definitely worth the extra few minutes on the road.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank xwsider
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Haba and Chris made our stay extremely pleasant. That added with the 1st class accommodations in the heart of Africa made this a place I would recommend to my friends and family. If the Ritz and Four Seasons resports are overall a five star than this was a 4 star in those standards. If you are talking about bang for the buck in the middle of Africa I give this a 10 out of 10!!!!!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2010

The Elangeni Lodge was a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are truly beautiful and very comfortable. The food was delicious and I was pleased by all aspects of my stay there. One of the best parts was the staff's attention to detail and willingness to do whatever it takes to make it the best possible experience for everyone. I would definitely recommend the Elangeni Lodge to anyone and will stay there again on my next visit!

Reviewed 20 March 2010

Was very impressed by Elangeni Lodge and it's accommodations. This place is a hidden treasure. The open restaurant and bar area are picturesque as they open up to the large swimming pool area. There is a trampoline for the little ones and a t.v. in the restaurant, available to give the men their sports updates (esp. soccer/football!).
The food was excellent--they took pride in preparing and serving a variety of meals.

Our house was clean and simple. The white linens were clean and comfortable, as was the bed. There is a t.v. in the room. The bathroom was large: a very nicely-tiled shower and separate large bathtub were a nice touch.

very happy with my stay here!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends