Lowest prices for your stay
$162
Travelocity$161
Priceline$173
eDreams$162
1,482 results
All reviews golf course hippo pool kruger national park close proximity whole family beautiful grounds phabeni gate south africa sabi timeshare hippos pools golfers squash tennis river units
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2022 via mobile

Disappointing to be honest. Rented a chalet for R21k for the week. Day 4 and - skraal on loo paper. Luckily I have old socks. Towels are needlessly changed every day, but with a 6 hour gap in between taking and fetching. Had to dab myself dry with loo paper. Could explain the loo paper problem. Braai is broken. Cooker hood for decoration only. 18 year old son having to wrestle chest of drawers. I don’t think it should be a fight. Bring a picnic bottle to the restaurant as drinks take 20 mins. Whatever you do, don’t order Caesar salad as it will induce epilepsy. ‘Croutons’ are cubes of dry bread. To be fair other meals were nice although they were bought at staggered intervals. Other than that amazing.

Room tip: Avoid Caesar salad. Consider own toilet paper
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Alison Mills, Owner at Sabi River Sun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2022

Dear ToomsJHB.

Thank you for your recent review of our property and for bringing these issues to my attention. Please allow me to apologise for the less than satisfactory service you received. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you directly. Feedback such as yours assists us in reviewing our shortcomings and allowing us to act on them to avoid repeat occurrences.

Please could you email me directly with a contact number so that I could possibly give you a call. Please find my contact details below.

Malcolm Bone
M: 082 800 0037
T: 013 737 4600
malcolm.bone@southernsun.com

Reviewed 22 June 2022

We as a family have just returned from staying at Sabi River Sun for the long weekend and we will definitely be back.
It was good value for money with the dinner and breakfast included.
The food was delicious.
There was plenty for the children to do. On the Saturday they had the reptile park and owl rescue come and visit which my two toddlers thoroughly enjoyed.
The drive to the Kruger was approx 20 min which was great.
The rooms were clean and very well looked after. The only downside was that the bathroom was very small without a bath for a family but it was modern and clean.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 2 May 2022

We stayed 2 nights ,en route to Mala Mala game reserve. The resort caters in all your needs. The resort gardens and surrounding golf course on the resort, is so beautiful, that it makes you want to stay another night. The food is of a very good standard and the staff very friendly and helpful. The resort cant be faulted.
The golf course is a must to play course. Not difficult with well manicured fairways and water features all over. The greens, needs attention, as they are not up to standard and very uneven with patches all over.
Overall a very nice resort .

Reviewed 2 May 2022

I've been to many hotels but this hotel's pool entertainment is the best - fun games/quiz for the whole family to participate and also to interact with other guests. The staff in general provided good services, but Prince was excellent and Miranda did a great job when we checked out. We will certainly return. The buffet however can improve.

Reviewed 11 April 2022

This resort reminded me of a quaint, boutique style hotel that is made for relaxation! I LOVED my stay! My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was helpful, friendly as well as professional. We had a nice view and enjoyed the hippo sightings.

1  Thank Yvette M