Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$102
View deal
Expedia.com$109
Hotels.com$109
Travelocity$109
eDreams$102
Orbitz.com$109
ZenHotels.com$109
All reviews panorama route plunge pool kruger park welcoming hosts self catering facilities honeymoon suite rooms are beautiful we loved our stay blyde river canyon beautiful place dawn rob eastbourne cottage sundowners braai accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2022

I have just spent a week at Ashbourne Country Escape. I really did not want to leave. Rob is the perfect host. This hidden gem has views "for Africa" sunrise and sun set, both spectacular. I was smitten before I arrived as one drives through natural bush veldt forest catching sight of red duiker and Nyala on the way to the lodge. It is a stones throw from Kruger Park. I cant wait to return next year.

Room tip: Room 2 is spectacular
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 10 August 2022

I stayed in room 10 which is so well set up and you feel absolutely pampered by the comfort. The room has a panoramic view of the Lowveld, which when you wake up the scenery is absolutely stunning. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the food was exceptional as always. The hosts, Dawne and Rob, are so knowledgable about what to do and where to go in the area. They really have created a unique African experience.

Room tip: Whilst I loved Room 10, any room chosen would be equally special.
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 4 May 2022

A hidden gem in the Hazyview hillls. A lovely, romantic and quiet escape with the best views, great dinner, friendly staff and excellent rooms. Everything you need on your trip you’ll find it in the Ashbourne Lodge. Owner Rob completes your stay with great stories. Thank you for your watm welcome; we enjoyed every minute in your lodge!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank viewfromthetop1
Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

This is one of the most magical and beautiful places I ever stayed. The views, the sunsets and sunrises, the food, the staff, and the lovely owners, all amazing.
If I ever were to write another book, I would go here. The owner Rob gave us loads of great tips about things to do, but I could just sit here all day enjoying the views.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ynzo
Reviewed 18 April 2022

We spent 3 days in family at Ashbourne over a long rainy Easter weekend but loved the place. Rob was an amazing host and everything at the lodge is designed to have a wonderful stay. The sundown lounge with a beautiful view (the first evening was luckily not rainy), the various places to sit on the lawn, the 2 pools, the pond (the kids enjoyed jumping in the pond), the beautiful cottages with private plunge pools and terrace, the delicious breakfasts and dinners. It is also ideally located 25 min away from the Kruger park and the Blyde river canyon. There are also lots of activities in Hazyview.

Date of stay: April 2022