2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 02/02/23
Travelocity$407
Orbitz.com$407
ZenHotels.com$407
All reviews the river stone house outdoor bathroom macadamia nuts luxury tents romantic weekend beautiful surroundings our honeymoon kruger national park roses setting lawrence litchi nature accommodation forest farm
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2022

From the moment we got to the gate, till we left, was one awesome experience, Friendly Staff, Beautiful surroundings, the Best Food, fantastic Spa...we will never forget this short break away, as it was "time spent on earthly Haven"

Date of stay: November 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 November 2022 via mobile

A friend suggested we stay here for the weekend and initially I wasn’t interested but today, I am grateful that I was convinced to stay. The place is beautiful set at the foot of the Crocodile River, with organic food gardens a and meals prepared with wholesome ingredients the place offers a feast for the senses. And then there is the Spa, not my best experience but given the setting, the ambiance and the staffs willingness to please complaining seems petty. It’s a must visit if you are in the Hazyview, White River area. If you have the choice between Sabi Sun and Summerfields the later wins everytime.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2022

We stayed overnight in a tented suite. We had a tent booked as a present and paid for an upgrade as there was a good offer in the online check-in.
The communal pool and bar area is amazing- stunning views of the Sabi river and a great place to chill out.
We had a jacuzzi with sparkling wine and fruit included as part of our package which was quite nice but the jacuzzi was boiling hot- too hot for me- so I had to get out a few times.
Our tented suite was so beautiful, one of the best rooms we’ve stayed in. I’d stay in one of those again- it has everything you need and more, including a bath inside and an outdoor shower. The bed was fully netted and we didn’t have a mozzie problem despite the weather being very humid. The room thankfully has aircon and we slept very well.
The dinner in the evening was great, and the breakfast menu had a lot on offer including refreshing fruit and veg juice. We both had excellent omelettes with fillings of our choice but their version of a full breakfast sounded good too with an option of local trout.
We had massages which were good too and in an ideal setting.
If I was basing my review purely on accommodation and food, I would have given 5 stars. However, we checked out feeling really disappointed over all. The room was booked as a present and my parents had correspondence with the booking team beforehand to get a voucher to give us, however the confirmation came through with the bookers name, and no voucher. We then decided to pay to upgrade the room. When we checked in we again made it clear the stay was a gift- my parents came with when we arrived. We then wanted to stay another night and were told the same room was available, they weren’t busy so would see what they could do in terms of price. The guy we were dealing with said he’d meet us at breakfast to discuss the cost. However, we waited for him and he didn’t turn up so we went to reception, keen to know if we needed to pack up and check out, or whether we would be staying another night. Disappointingly, the cost per night was the same rate we’d be able to book online, and the same price he’d proposed the day before (before he said he’d see what could be done), so not much incentive. Then another lady came out (I think the reservations manager) and said that as the original room had been charged at the usual rack rate of six-thousand-and-something rand (I can’t remember the exact figure), and we’d then upgraded at x amount, they couldn’t improve the price. Firstly I didn’t need to know what was paid initially as it was a gift (made very clear to them several times!!!), and secondly, I still didn’t understand the relevance. So we decided to quickly pack up and check out.
We hung around at the pool before our massages, which were lovely.
When we left we were handed a bill for a bottle of sparkling wine which I had to dispute as we didn’t order it. I was told it was ordered for the room. There was a bottle of bubbly in the fridge but we didn’t order it and assumed it was part of the romantic package we were on. We’d also noticed the 2 bags of chocolate truffles next to the bed had another couples names on and when I asked at reception if they were for us or had been left by previous guests we were told they were for us, the names were a mistake as the room had been swapped before we arrived. So either the sparkling wine we were now being charged for had been ordered by that couple as an extra, or it was supposed to be for us. Either way, I said I’m not paying for it and the lady at reception was quite patronising about it, saying it was fine, I don’t have to pay for it but giving me a look as if I was talking rubbish and trying to avoid a cost I’d incurred.
Instead of leaving feeling relaxed and looking forward to coming back on our next trip to Hazyview, we were disappointed and a bit annoyed, which is a shame as it’s definitely one of the best rooms we’ve stayed in and the setting is amazing.

Date of stay: October 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 October 2022 via mobile

Fantastic spa retreat . We only had one night here, but left us wanting more. Food, service, accommodation were all top notch, but those views from the cabin! Can’t recommend highly enough! Just a little bit out of the way, but so worth the drive.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

From the moment we arrived until we left, I don't think I could fault anything. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always willing to help with any requests (e.g. breakfast hamper for an early morning departure). The location is lovely and tranquil with no need for music when getting any treatments as the river provides that! It is expensive but it's value for money. The food in the restaurant is fine dining standard. A great place for some rest and relaxation

Date of stay: September 2022