All reviewsbit datedpetrol stationclean bathroomfollowing morning500mb
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I live in hotels 365 nights a year as I travel year round. I am a (young) retired professional, originally from Sydney, Australia.

Throughout my life of travelling over 34 years, I have visited over 126 countries ( only 70 to go ) and have stayed in hotels from backpacker level, to so-called 6 star hotels and everything in between. Currently, I am a Diamond member of Hilton and Best Western. I am a Gold Member with Starwood, Marriott and IHG. I am a member of Choice and Wyndham. I mostly choose these chains so I can build status with them which of course gives me additional benefits like upgrades and additional points.

I like reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor, because TA is the first place I resource before I make a booking.

But it was taking a crazy amount of time doing detailed reviews so I have decided to streamline it into specific categories. I have rated each category 1- 5.

1 being “Appalling" through 5 being "Above expectations". I hope in a small way this helps you in your decision if this hotel is suitable for your own personal circumstances. I am a firm believer in always looking for the good stuff. But when it’s really bad, you need to know. We all need to know.

Always honest. Always fair. Always fair-dinkum.

Location:
4/5 Away from Polokuwane, 8 kms or so.

Check-In:

2/5 Left a bit to be desired, not detailed, but liveable

TV:
3/5, Flat screen, 20 or so channels including Sky UK

Wi-Fi:
2/5, you get 500Mb free per day, and it's very slow. SLOW SLOW SLOW.

Desk space:
4/5. Had a massive desk which is great if you want to be on your electronics

Power points:
1/5, only 1 US style powerpoint apart from local style, really need to have adaptors for tourists from Europe, Australia etc.

Bathroom:

Parking:
4/5, Motel style at your room door, well-lit, free parking

Transportation:

Security:
5/5, Completely surrounded by security, all guests must check with front gate, felt very safe

Check-Out:
4/5, Quick, professional, friendly

Staff Rating:
4/5, People could not do enough to help and make stay easier

Value for money: 4/5

My Personal Star Rating: Overall a 3/5

Summary:
The rooms are a bit dated but overall I liked it. Staff were very friendly, location out of the city was great, nice quiet area, security superb. Priced just right in my opinion, surprised rooms did not have refrigerators, needs to improve wi-fi speeds, too slow in this day and age, power points are an issue, need more international and nothing I like more than a clean bathroom. Bathroom needed a good scrub.

Room Tip: Any room is probably OK, thee is peripheral traffic noise from the highway outside but hardly noticed it
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank robdubluu
Protea Hotel by... P, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Robdubluu,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We greatly appreciate your comments about each aspect of our property.

It is a pleasure to announce that we will be updating our rooms in the coming year, and much more! Taking great care of our GUEST's is our main priority and to be able to meet and exceed their expectations.

We hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at gm@phlandmark.co.za if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel, as soon as it is done!

With much appreciation

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2017

My mother had her booking messed up in this hotel that left her without a room for the night and had to share a room with a friend. It was a bad situation but the Operational Manager Duran was so helpful the following morning and ensured that her stay was free and breakfast. This is the kind of customer service that I expect when I travel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Protea Hotel by... P, General Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Glacier B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Receiving a warm welcome during check-in often times sets the tone for a great stay. Unfortunately, it was brought to my attention that we fell short of meeting your mothers expectations when she arrived at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark.

In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team in order to improve our Check-in process.

Thank you for being a VALUED CUSTOMER and we hope to welcome you again whenever your travels bring you back to Polokwane.

015 225 8100

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I was attending a conference at this place. the place itself is kept clean and it looks so beautiful. The pool is kept warm and clean. The conference hall was good looking and the atmosphere was good. The staff is friendly and prepare things in time. The food was delicious. I loved this place and i won't mind going back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Protea Hotel by... P, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear M9196XQchrisn,

Thank you for your kind review!

We truly appreciate your kind words on the property and service delivery. It's definitely great when we receive positive reviews such as this.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I went there for Business, which is paid from my account.

Check in for was 14:00, I arrived at 12:00 and they were able to assist me which really helped me.
Staff was great and Unit was clean.
I would definitely use this again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Rafael D,

Thank you for your positve review!

We truly appreciate your kind words on the property and service delivery. It's definitely great when we receive positive reviews such as this, and know that we were able to assist our GUEST's.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Zimbabwe. Really liked how the beds and rooms were big & spacious. Room was very clean! The burgers were also decent and well priced... Bathroom was a bit old, joint shower and tub. The generator switched off and on a few times (power cut problems I guess). Wifi was also a bit of an issue, we had to ring reception for new logins so many times. Besides that it was a good and quiet night.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Protea Hotel by... P, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Dear Fungai N,

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and don't hesitate to call me to share more information.

Kind regards