All reviewsbit datedpetrol stationclean bathroomfollowing morning500mb
Reviewed 17 May 2016

The rooms are spacious, well managed and homely. The room management is excellent and customised for a business traveller. Parking is convenient, close to the hotel door and security is heightened at all times.
Meals are well prepared and the variety caters for all tastes.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
JienieMPC, Marketing Plan Coordinator at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Tsepom863

Thank you for choosing Protea Hotel Landmark for your recent stay in Polokwane.

We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Protea Hotel Landmark, Polokwane. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're in our area.

Jienie Meiring

Reviewed 22 April 2016

This 3 start hotel is more expensive with drinks and food than any 4 star hotel I ever been to. Service is horrible and the hotel is right between an active railway and the N1 Highway. this causes constant noise and I was overcome by the noise several times especially when the train passes. On the one side a train passes every now and then and on the other side there are almost constantly cars passing on the highway. The noise is disturbing. Very uncomfortable place to stay.

Rooms were not neat and dirty. response from personnel was disappointing. I asked the restaurant one day to make up a lunch box for me and ordered a burger for lunch and an incredible amount which regretted doing. Instead of a burger, I got a patty place between 2 sandwiches of bread, nothing else at an expense that I cannot correctly recall now, but was very expensive. I one evening ordered a coke only find out it was an outrageous price, more that any other place I have been to.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
ClaudiaRDM, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear KristenPTA
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the discomfort and inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Polokwane.
CLAUDIA NEL
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Booked and paid a non-smoking room online. Came there and non-smoking was not available. Waited for them to 'shuffle' rooms around. And finally when we opened our room with our card... there was another couple already sleeping there. And of course no one knew what went wrong where...would not even rate you one!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reinettempc, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Good day Desire,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience that you experienced during your stay.

Thank you for taking our call where we managed to resolve the matter and that you where willing to accept our apology.

We are looking forward in your next stay.

Kind regards;
Reinette van Heerden

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I don't know what people expect from a hotel next to a motorway. That in my books is a Motel, and I have to look at it from that perspective. Yes, the rooms are nothing to write home about but everything works and is functional. The bed I found very good, as were the pillows, and check-in and check-out were smooth. I didn't hear any traffic noise at night, I found it rather quiet to be honest. And the on-site restaurant, while it has a bit of an end of days atmosphere when it is empty, gave me an amazingly good burger at very reasonable prices. Breakfast was good, good selection and all tasty and well prepared. Ah, no filtered coffee which is a big no no for me but then it is a Motel and all is relative....

Room Tip: I preferred the first floor room, and the ones further away from the motorway (the higher numbers) are obviously quieter
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reinettempc, Manager at Protea Hotel Polokwane Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Good day Volker H,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel.

We are also pleased to inform you that since your stay we have done many upgrades to the hotel.

We can not wait to show you on your next stay.

Kind regards;

Reinette van Heerden

Reviewed 17 January 2016

the room quality is good but unfortunately the hotel is located far from the center of polokwane.the quality of the restaurant is not so good is only for light meal.for business is a good hotel but only for a week not for long stay

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business