US$ 228
US$ 83
US$ 248
US$ 209
Agoda.com
Blyde River Canyon Lodge(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
US$ 125
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Amanzimlotzi Riverside Bush Camp(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$ 34
US$ 12
Pitchup.com
Timbavati Safari Lodge(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 259
AM Lodge(Hoedspruit)
US$ 767
All reviewsoliphants riverprivate poolsafari lodgeother gueststranslatorhipposknowledgenaturewildlifemealskrugerbush
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Such a amazing location right on the Oliphants River. From the terrace of our villa which had its own little pool, my husband and I watched hippos lazing in the river, families of baboons, bushbucks drinking and one day a large bull elephant wade across the river to drink and graze right under our noses.
I loved to get up just before sunrise and watch the sun come up over the river and see everything come to life and listen to all the wonderful bush noises. Absolutely magical.
The villa was large, clean and VERY comfortable. It was cleaned daily and had a turn down service by one of the lovely ladies every night.
Our kitchen had a large fridge freezer stocked with water and milk, a kettle and tea and coffee, which was replenished daily.
All the staff were so happy and friendly - always ready to greet us, smile and wish us a lovely day. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and every one was so very attentive.
The food served in the restaurant was also wonderful, beautifully presented and very tasty. Every single meal time was an absolute pleasure as our waist lines reflected at the end of the week.
The game drives were great fun in very comfortable vehicles and all the rangers were exceptional. Their knowledge and patience were second to none. Thanks to them we soon realised there was a lot more to the bush than the Big Five, so even on drives when the big animals were 'hiding' from us the rangers pointed out so much of the other wildlife that inhabit the area. A walking safari is a must in this respect. Who knew that there were some many things to eat out there!
We were the token Brits in the lodge as the majority of the other guests were Danish Swedish and Nowegian. We felt very fortunate to be amongst such lovely people and although at first we thought communication may have been a problem the lodge had resident translators - mainly to translate any anything said in South African/English into Danish so we soon realised that language for us was not a barrier at all.
Safari experiences can be communicated into any language and by the end of the week we had made many lovely friends.
We were very sad to leave and would LOVE to return with all of our family

Room Tip: Oliphants villa 6 is the closest to the part of the river where all the hippos bathe.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

World Class game drives, top restaurant, beautiful nature on the bench of Oliphants River.
Service is sublime. The lodge is a part of Great Kruger, game drives covers an area of 10.000 Hectars,
Big five are in the area, plenty of elephants. In the river Hippos and crocodiles. You feel the nature, you live with the nature, you relax and enjoy, you are in heaven. It is very difficult yo leave this place.

Room Tip: Every room has river view.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2016

My family of 6 (myself, wife, in-laws both mid 70's & my two sons 10 & 11)stayed here for 7 nights. I can't say enough good things about the staff! From the moment you arrive on property they greet you with traditional African songs and their National Anthem. They are a very warm and friendly group of people. Since the lodge is Danish owned, the majority of the guests are Scandinavian. We were the first Americans most of the long time employees could remember.
Our accommodations were a 3 bedroom house (Olifants 4) with it's own private pool, directly on the banks of the Olifants River. They put us there b/c there was a family of 11 Hippos that had taken up refuge in that area of the river and they thought our kids might enjoy that...did they ever!
My youngest son has a nut allergy, and we alerted the staff ahead of time. The head cook assured us that she had changed several recipes to accommodate his allergy and there would be no nuts that entire week...what a HUGE relief that was to us. We asked almost every night just to be sure, and were greeted with the same warm friendly "of course I took care of that" from her.
The final and best Kudos must go to the rangers/guides that we had. Besides being driven around in very high end land cruisers with a cooler of wonderful snacks and wine/refreshments, they were enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. They handled my multi-generational family perfectly, and it really made the trip for us.
Can't recommend this place any more highly!

Room Tip: Go in their winter months. Beautiful dry weather with warm days and cool evenings. No bugs either.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bsdstone
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Perfect, quiet spot to sleep off jet lag; really lovely rooms, communal area, and back garden. Breakfast was delicious. Excellent hosts: post-booking correspondence was smooth with Pam, who was away when I stayed, and Richard met me at the local airport and drove me to a restaurant for dinner. The lodge is in a game estate (I hope I have that right), a kind of gated community with wildlife roaming about (I saw only warthogs and monkeys during my one-night stay). Safaris and visits to local conservation spots can be arranged. Easy access to Greater Kruger reserves.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vacation-Vancouver
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I loved my stay at Nyati Safari Lodge! I stayed in a river bungalow wich was a really cosy house with a beautiful view over the Oliphant river where we could see crocodiles and hippos everyday. Elephants and other animals came to the river to drink water every day. The rooms are clean, but during the african winter it's really cold in there! Thank god the beds had electrical warmer wich the staff put on every night while we where at dinner so that when we came back we could lay down in a warm, nice bed.
The staff is really friendly and the guides are truly commited to their work and made the tours interesting and fun. All the guides speak english, and there were also a danish translator there for those who isn't that good in english. The food is great and I can recommend to buy the drinking package because there is great wine served with every meal and sundowner safari trips. And don't forget to try the nyati special drink in the bar!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple