“Excellent food but slow service”
Review of Old Town Italy

Old Town Italy
Ranked #14 of 140 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The first time I went to this restaurant I knew I had to come back for more. Absolutely delicious food, freshly made and has loads of vegetarian and even vegan options. Has a lovely ‘old town ‘ feel and you can even do a bit of shopping and select a delicious dessert from the amazing cake selection. Ice cream to die for with the most delicious vegan chocolate gelato.
My only suggestion is to not be in a rush when you come here as the food is freshly prepared and can take a little longer than normal.

PA-to-Operations, Operations Manager at Old Town Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thanks so much for your positive review @suerivet, we always like to hear about our customers experiences.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend Old Town Italy for authentic Italian food, from gelatos to pizza and pasta to other Italian street food.

Thank you for your great review @Andre G. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I used to visit this place at least 3 times a week as the food is really good, but today a had a really bad experience as the quality of food was not the great and did not taste well, I said to them just bring me the bill as the food was not tasting right , instead of asking to make a new one he asked would you like that take away...pathetic !!!
If you continue to treat loyal customers this way soon you will have none!!!
Just because your food is great this does not mean you can lack on your service,
I will be not coming back to this establishment nor will I be telling any of my clients to schedule any meetings and I will be advising everyone I know do not go to this establishment.
As to me this is all about principal which is what I explained to your gentlemen at your place , he just looked and smiled and said hope to see you again ....ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

I really hope for your sake your service levels improve as eventually you will jot have enough customers to be SUSTAINABLE !!!

2  Thank avi_red

Hi @avi_red

Thank you for your review. We are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience with us. We take all feedback very seriously, and it will be dealt with accordingly on store level.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Im not sure what has happened to the service at old town italy. The quality of the staff (manager & waiter) has deteriorated. With all the new exciting food places opening up, i definitely wont be back!

1  Thank Vanessa N
PA-to-Operations, Operations at Old Town Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi @Vanessa N

The Old Town Italy team

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I could spend the entire day in this quaint Italian-style deli/restaurant! The setting is gorgeous, you truly feel like you've been transported to another country. The deli/shop sells everything from hummus to cheeses, meat and many goods imported from Italy. The bakery has a delicious selection of pastries and cakes, including their famous cronut, which is just a little piece of heaven. There is also an ice-cream stand selling gelato...the amarena cherry flavour is a must-try. The restaurant has a small menu, but everything is delicious and well presented. It can get very busy at times, so a reservation for larger groups is recommended.

Thank you for your positive review @AshiraRheeders. Please do visit us again.

The Old Town Italy team