“GREAT FOR BREAKFAST”
Review of Circus Circus Cafe

Circus Circus Cafe
Ranked #21 of 142 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Circus Circus Cafe - Seasonal + Local + Fresh. The way food should be... Branches in Gateway, Musgrave, Beach Cafe & Galleria.
Reviewed 13 July 2018

we had the Circus TB Breakfast. It was great value for money and a generous portion. Well perpared and presented.Our waiter, Deven, was quitely efficient and friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 2 July 2018

A busy Cafe in the Gateway Theatre shopping Centre.

Unlike many such venues however, this was a really nice Cafe.

Their cakes were delicious, and the service excellent. The chairs are comfortable as well. They were happy to do an extra weak coffee for my wife, and made it well.

So we went a second time next we visited the shopping centre, and it was just as good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Normally I don’t leave great reviews, unless we’ll deserved.

Yes, I am a tough customer. I visit the store as a regular, and recently met and “observed” a fantastic young man who may be the manager or relative of the owner? Andrew or André.
The reason I say must be owner because only an owner with a vested interest in the store can take such pride!

This young chap is an absolute gem! He always takes the time to chat, offering me delectable cakes and food I definitely should not be having. I usually stick to a cup of coffee and cake. Which by the way is amazing. At the risk of sounding clichéd, this chap makes one feel truly like the only customer in the store.

Being in the service industry, I took notice of his style of engaging with both his staff and his customers.

I observed him once run to an elderly couple, the man in his wheelchair being pushed in by his wife. Despite the hostess giving adequate attention, this young man dropped everything and rushed to seat them, seamlessly, so as to make the couple comfortable as soon as possible. This was an act of compassion seldom seen in service areas anywhere anymore!

So yes, Circus Circus is indeed living up to the standards of a family restaurant.

Furthermore, kids are always happy around him and so are the parents, as he manages to coerce them into allowing their parents to eat in peace as they play.

This alone earns this establishment 5 stars. PS. I have had the pasta dish, on occasion a salads and a few other mains. All good, but it’s the service recently which will make me come back again and again! Well done Circus Circus! Keep it up!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

First time eating at this particular franchise.We were a party of four. Our waiter Deven, was friendly and prompt with delivering our orders to the table. Complimentary cucumber infused water, is available on each table. The restaurant has quite a chilled vibe, perfect for having quick catch up conversation with friends, unlike some restaurants were noise levels, drown out conversation. Will definitely be back

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Service was very slow.

I wouldn't go for the coffee, its only bearably OK.

Food is nice.

But with poor coffee and very slow service, it is certainly not somewhere I would return to nor recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018