“Pleasant surprise!”

Ocean Basket Umhlanga
Ranked #24 of 141 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Ocean Basket Umhlanga you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned bucks.
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Having had a poor experience at Ocean Basket, Stellenbosch, I was not particularly keen to try another Ocean Basket. However, I have to say that the prawn special I had in this branch was very tasty and well cooked.
Only negative was that when the fish arrived for one of our party, the smell was sufficient for it to be returned, uneaten. These things happen, and a replacement meal was provide, but the manager did not handle the episode in a particularly customer focussed way.

But all in all, after my meal here, I would be prepared to eat at Ocean Basket again.

1  Thank 03Brenda03

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Staff very friendly and efficient. We each had a seafood platter for one, DEVINE done to perfection....

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We have used this franchise in several towns and this was no disappointment. Staff were really efficient and friendly - Deon was a star and the food was really good. We returned a few days later and were still well satisfied with everything.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We simply love the fish which is served, my favourite being Pangaisis. The platter for 2 is our favourite, which we always share , leaving me happy and smiling and satisfied. Service with a smile, waiters are very hospitable and helpful.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The atmosphere is dynamic and the waiter was friendly, available and willing to assist and serve us all the time. I am impressed with their service and will definitely go back again when I am around Durban.