Crooked Tree Cottage
US$ 221
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
The Sandringham Bed & Breakfast(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 88
Agoda.com
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 204
US$ 102
Agoda.com
HoneyPot B&B(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
US$ 73
City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 138
US$ 120
Agoda.com
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$ 256
US$ 239
The Oyster Box(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$ 1,390
The Oyster Box
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$ 971
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfriendly hostsa wonderful place to staya great sea viewroom was clean and comfortablehome away from homeawesome stayperfect hostsdefinitely stay here againenjoyed my staypleasant staylocation is greatsafe parkingeasy accessbusiness tripfree wifigateway shopping centreindian ocean
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Can't fault this B&B. Owners were lovely and very helpful.

Loved the mini kitchen for guests, very handy.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This B&B is amazing. Just a few minutes from the airport, in an upscale area (it feels safer than a lot of Durban), and very close to the beach. My wife and I spent several days there in September 2011 and found the hosts to be gracious, knowledgeable and accomodating (thank you Reinhart and Helen). We never had the time to take them up on their b/fast and/or drinks offer but we have no reason to think it was anything less than great. The location is within walking distance to the beach (especially for us lazy Americans) but we drove since it only took about a minute to get there. Parking is challenging for larger vehicles but we never
had a problem since we had a tiny VW Polo (but watching this guy trying to fit his jeep Grand Cherokee in his spot was hilarious). The patio, view, room size, and amenities were awesome. My thanks to the hosts for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Helenoe, Owner at Crooked Tree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It was great to meet you both and host you. I hope you were not too exhausted to enjoy the rest of your SA trip after all the family visits!!! Hopefully we will see you again when you are in Umhlanga.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This place is located at a walkable distance from the sea-shore and got some nice view of the sea from some of the rooms. The breakfast served is quite interesting and the owner of the hotel takes special care to make you feel comfortable. The rooms are neatly done and the staff takes care to maintain the place well. I would recommend this place for a short business or a leisure trip.

Room Tip: There are rooms available with the sea view..
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Excellent Views, Good food and great hosts. The Location is close to some of the best shopping centres and restuarants in the Durban Area. The rooms are clean and well serviced.

Room Tip: Room 5 or 6
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Crooked Tree Cottage was perfect for my stay in the Durban area. I had been warned about safety in Durban city and Umhlanga felt completely safe. Helen was very friendly and welcoming, giving me lots of helpful advice about what to do during my time there. She also cooked great breakfasts. My room was clean and comfortable and I liked the fact that there was WIFI and that Helen was available to pick me up from the airport and drop me back there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo