“Dinner night from heaven”
Review of The Chefs' Table

The Chefs' Table
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 14
Description: Sans cultural allegiance, we offer dishes that borrow tradition, techniques & styles from all over - celebrating the best SA has to offer from local farms.
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This place serves the best of everything they have. From starters right up to dessert.
I am no wine or bubble type of guy I am traditional and I love beer but that place made me feel in love with Wine after my Tomahawk steak. I think God himself made that meal I swear cause it went inside my tummy and touched my soul along the way down.

Unlike some restaurants, our food was quickly served and the waiter were amazing and very clean.

Thank you guys for making my fiances Birthday Dinner an amazing night

Date of visit: July 2018
kirstydaniellegray, Public Relations Manager at The Chefs' Table, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi Zamani M

Wow!!!! Many thanks for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed yourself and had a good time.

Happy birthday again to your fiancé- thank you for choosing us to spend it with.

We absolutely loved having you and we cannot wait to spoil you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

A great culinary experience., The crispy pork starter and buttered snapper (main) were absolutely awesome. The staff were knowledgeable on both the wines and the produce. I'll definitely be back

Hi elizabeth126

Thank you for your lovely review. We loved having you and we pride ourselves on great food and great service and it means so much to us when it is enjoyed by our guests.

We look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This restaurant is well positioned in the centre of Umhlanga. It specialises in meat dishes. It has an extensive wine list and offers a wide variety of gin and whisky. The service for drinks was very slow, as the bar is understaffed. Make sure you get your drinks orders in early.

Date of visit: June 2018
kirstydaniellegray, Public Relations Manager at The Chefs' Table, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi MES196

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and for the 4 stars.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the bar service, we have passed on your comments to our management team.

It was our pleasure having you and we hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My partner booked a booth at The Chef’s Table for our anniversary. The booth faces the open kitchen where we were able to observe the chefs prepare the meals. The setting was warm and lit in such a way to create wonderful ambience. We were greeted with smiles and personal attention and wished for our anniversary. We were guided in our choice of wine as well as the meals on the menu. The wine and meals were amazing, delicious and, even though we have visited The Chef’s Table previously, we will certainly visit it in the future. This restaurant is one of the best restaurants I have experienced and I recommend it to anyone who appreciates excellent food and service.

Hi antoinettebdc

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review! You are making us blush!

Thank you for your support.

We absolutely loved having you and we cannot wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Having been two years away from Umhlanga, I have found numerous changes to the surrounds, including restaurants that are right on my door step(literally)...and yesterday notices some action on the 1st floor across the road. I decided to explore and started chatting to Linda who called Ayrton and a reservation was secured for a 6 course wine pairing meal(which is optional)...what an amazing experience.
I found that the chefs were very original and were not trying to emulate others’ dishes which was refreshing. The sommeliers, both black South Africans, Zwai(male) and Mandi(female) were also up to the task.
A truly great culinary outing...Test Kitchen et al beware

Date of visit: June 2018
kirstydaniellegray, Public Relations Manager at The Chefs' Table, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hi Tzoro2

Welcome back to Umhlanga.

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review!

We absolutely loved having you and we cannot wait to spoil you again soon!
We will pass on your message to our staff.