“Excellent food at the right price”
Review of Jayz Grill

Jayz Grill
Description: Warm, friendly restaurant Where Family & Friends Meet
Description: Warm, friendly restaurant Where Family & Friends Meet
Reviewed 17 September 2018

At Jayz you are always get a friendly welcome. the food is top notch and excellent value for money. the service is excellent

ScottP3419, Public Relations Manager at Jayz Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

That's exactly what we always aim for :)

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband used to like this place until Friday 7th this month. One of my dearest friends from Cape Town came to visit so took her to Jayz as we leave she realises she lost her phone in the restaurant within less than 5min of leaving, we return back and the phone is nowhere to be found. So we decide to call the cops because number one nobody seems to be bothered about her property missing within the restaurant along with their waiter giving her attitude as she asks for assistance. So they "check" the cameras and only to find out that the table we were sitting on the cameras do not cover any sort of movement. The worst part is having everyone in the restaurant saying maybe we were too drunk to remember. The level of disrespect for your customers is beyond words, never have I seen such level of disrespect ever in my entire life. Who gets drunk on one cocktail like really.

2  Thank Inspiration814100
Jayz_Friend, Owner at Jayz Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

We have the utmost respect for all our customers. We do not have cameras on the tables because we value patron privacy we have cameras only in the entrances. To have my staff accused of theft without evidence is most unacceptable and to resort to social media due to ones discontent, and accusing my staff of theft is even more unacceptable.
It is possible that maybe the phone was misplaced in some other place other than your seated table and somebody found it and obviously never handed it in. The fact remains that after leaving the premises and arriving some time later; my staff did try and look for the phone at the table where you were seated and nothing was found. Please understand that any restaurant is a public place and thus can not be held responsible for any personal theft. It is in my opinion that my staff acted accordingly and there was nothing more that they could do.
I fully understand your grievance for your phone loss.
Theft OR loss of personal property is most disturbing and discomfiting but to use social media to air your discomfort at the expense of my establishment and the livelihood of all my employees is unacceptable.
We live in a time where honesty is non-existent but please do not bring my business into disrepute without concrete evidence.
If you would like to discuss this matter further please come in and we can speak face to face.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I like this restaurant as the menu has a variety of options to choose from, and I prefer ordering off the menu vs the buffet

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I came across Jayz Grill through work and loved my visits there when I needed to be in Pietermaritzburg. In the last month we spent a lot of time travelling through KZN with family and PMB was the first stop for one reason only - Jayz Grill. This week, the entire bunch (nine in total) visited the restaurant and I was surprised with an amazing special on main meals. The food was divine, we were served with smiles and the bill came to less than R1000 and that includes drinks and a tip! Not only is their food delicious, they give you value for money as well.

2  Thank Valene G
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Jayz' buffet failed to live up to its usually satisfying, tasty food. In fact, with the exception of a few options, the bulk of the food (especially the roast), tasted dry and bordered on stale. The ribs were particularly over-cooked and really did taste stale. The desserts made up for some of the very average, with the milk tart and malva pudding right on the money. The service started off poorly but our waitress took over and kept us very happy. The fun our children had in the kiddies area, staffed by a very sweet and conscientious staff member, made up for the disappointing food. It's still a good family night out, but not for a buffet.

Scott P, Public Relations Manager at Jayz Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi There Kavith,

Thank you for the feedback, I will forward this to the owner to note and inform the chef.
Great to hear that in general, you have only had pleasant experiences at Jayz Grill :)

Look forward to seeing you and your family soon.

Scotty - Smiley Scotty