US$ 74
US$ 105
US$ 120
US$ 114
  • Restaurant
An Upper Room(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$ 60
US$ 58
US$ 83
US$ 58
  • Breakfast included
US$ 85
US$ 70
Agoda.com
Centre Court B&B(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 205
US$ 122
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 139/night.

US$ 111
US$ 106
Agoda.com
Roosfontein Bed and Breakfast(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 61
Agoda.com
All reviewsumhlanga rockshome away from homela lucia mallnice showerlovely poolhomely feeleasy access to the beacheaster weekendrooms are spaciousa great place to staylocation is greatcarolinesuiteaccommodationkznluxuryvenue
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My Father,Wife, her guide dog Juliet and I spent a wonderful week at this establishment.
Caroline , Kobus and their staff go out of their way to ensure that your stay at Cowrie Cove is exceptional and memorable. The facilities and location are perfect, with the beach being a short walk away an added bonus. The suites are well appointed, spacious and serviced daily. (Beautiful furnishings throughout) The breakfasts are scrumptious with a vast array of choices. Will definitely return, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
CAROLINE S, Owner at Cowrie Cove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Juliet and her Human Family will always be welcome at Cowrie Cove.....we enjoyed your inspirational stay with us and hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We arrived quite late to the guest house and got a very warm welcome by the owner who showed us around the facilities and the room.

The room was generously sized and was very clean the bathroom was also very large so plenty of room to make yourself at home. The outside areas all looked great although we weren’t able to use them due to a large storm while we were there. The best bit for me was the access to the beach right by the rooms, it was a fantastic beach and really made it for me!

The breakfast was excellent and made fresh to order, there was also a great selection of cereal, fruits and cheeses if you wanted that as well! The hot beverage selection was equally impressive!

The guest house was in a great location not too far from the airport and near a number of shopping malls plus the beach!

We had a great time and would happily return for another stay hopefully with better weather this time!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The guest house looks gorgeous in the web photographs. When we first walked into our rooms, the immediate feeling was of lushness and lovely decor. Interesting finishes and textures complement each other to create a feeling of extravagance.
However, upon spending a little time in the rooms and bathrooms, we both discovered that the walls and carpets were dirty. The coffee plunger in my room had been used by a previous guest and had not been cleaned. Something that could easily be taken care of.
The stairs are noisy, whenever someone used them, in my room it sounded as if clumps were being used.
The breakfast at the guest house is really divine. A huge variety of options (12 types of cereals, 8 types of cheese, 10 types of jam, etc.) are available. The dining area is well appointed and the open views toward the swimming pool makes for a happy meal.
The guest house has direct access to the beach, which we enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CAROLINE S, Owner at Cowrie Cove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your constructive review Adri.
There is no excuse for a " Used Coffee Plunger" we will be more vigilant in future when checking the rooms prior to guests arrival.
Carpets are always a problem....the carpets in Suite 7 which you were in were replaced in August 2016 after the entire Guest house was flooded out. All the carpets in the Guest House cleaned on the 10/11th August of this year - your colleague was in Suite 8 which had no carpets. Unfortunately due to the spillage of coffee,hot chocolate and various other substances by guests the maintenance of carpets is an ongoing battle.
Perhaps one has to admit defeat and remove all the fitted carpets !
We do try with our breakfast so pleased you enjoyed it!
CAROLINE SWART.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The Cowrie Cove was the perfect place for me to be post-safari for a few days. After spending a week out trekking and sleeping in the wilds, I felt held by the cozy, friendly comfort of Cowrie Cove. I was in room #7 and while there is not direct access to outside from this room (like with a deck or sitting area) or a window with a big view, it served the purpose of a very affordable, cozy, clean and comfortable room. And oh! Caroline and her husband made me feel so welcomed! I enjoyed my conversations with them and their good nature and readiness to support me with getting acquainted to Durban and other details. And the breakfasts - yum!! I loved being able to sit in the beautiful dining area and spend my time reading while savoring each bite of the delicious breakfast. I also appreciated Caroline's support of my gluten-free and dairy-free diet (even though I did make exceptions for the croissants!). Overall, I would highly recommend Cowrie Cove to the solo traveler!

Room Tip: #7: no direct access to outside with a deck or windows with views, yet it served my purposes of having a place to "cocoon".
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan W
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic.
Situated in a lovely quiet neighbourhood.
Rooms are spacious and clean.
Very modern layout. All rooms fitted with AC, TV, mini fridge and coffee facilities.
Nice clean swimming pool, with a private walkway all the way to the beach.
Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
This place come HIGHLY recommendable
for any kind of stay, from corporate visits, weekend get aways to shopping spree's.
Cowrie Cove is perfectly situated and equipped.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business