“The filthiest place you can sleep in...stay away!”
Review of Tri State Inn

Tri State Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Albuquerque, NM, United States
“The filthiest place you can sleep in...stay away!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I spent overnight in this filthiest inn/motel I ever slept in.
First, on the phone he told me a different price than what I was charged when I checked in (after 12 hours driving you can't really negotiate).
Second, They didn't even vacuum the room before I come even though I called 4 hours ahead.
Third, The blanket was disgusting..I couldn't even put on. I slept over it for 1 hour then I woke up after nightmares of filth and dirt! I called them to get me another blanket and I got one that is even dirtier than the first one (it had some thing like blood spots!)...don't even think that pillows were better.
Fourth, the bathroom curtain was so dirty that when I was taking a shower I was making sure that curtain doesn't touch me.

At the end, I almost was going to sleep in my car that night...but it was freezing and I was exhausted but I slept in my own blanket and pillow (thanks God I had them with me in the car)

I even thought of washing those sheets (mattress, pillows, blanket) but they didn't have a washing machine around.

I really don't recommend this inn to anyone. Sleeping in your car is better

Room Tip: stay away from this Inn
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Saeed R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
sydney
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Our mistake for not staying at a known chain.

Admittedly only $38.00, but that was about $30.00 too much.

Threadbare sheets, screwed-up dirty little pillows, No pillow protector, so you could see "blood, sweat and tears" stains, and who knows what else !!

prepayment required (at least that meant you could leave quickly in the morning)

stay ANYWHERE else, but here. we found out later that at the othe end of town there were good chains, including Marriott.

front desk staff (family) scarcely spoke English, and had no idea where any restaurants were !!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cubacubaSydney

Travellers are raving about these Kingman hotels

cheshire UK
Reviewed 4 June 2011

we booked in and paid for two nights here because it was the ROUTE 66 fun run . we left some of our clothes , alcohol and food in the fridge plus toiletries and went out during the day , when we returned to the room we couldnt get in so went to the reception to tell them and told us we were only booked in for one night so showe them receipt for two nights .memmber of staff went to the room to let us in and ALL our belongings had been thrown away ,no appology was given just a refund of $35 . there were no plugs in the sink or bath and the towels were well worn and not white . Having paid $75 per night you would have expected at least it to be clean & a coffee maker in the room .would definately advice people to look elsewhere for a room .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GillcheshireUK
winnipeg
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Looked okay from outside. Deceiving!! towels were filthy little yellowed/gray/stained thin rags. My floor rags at home are cleaner! Bed spread was suspect! I put my jacket over my pillow to sleep on it. Couldn't wait for morning to get out of there! Room grimy! Couldn't bring myself to sit on the chairs. We were too tired to drive further. 2 barrels of garbage outside our door, spilling over, strewn all over the walkway. Didn't know that if we had just driven a couple more blocks into town would have found respectable motel/hotels!! Wish I had taken photos

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas Nv
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We get a room here every year when the laughlin run is going on,we never had any problems,the owner has been very kind to us,we plan to go back again,it's a cheaper motel not a high price hotel so u get what u paid for ...

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple