“Mums Birthday”

Ranked #2 of 232 Restaurants in Sandton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more than two decades, Pappas has been dishing out Mediterranean taste sensations and memorable dining experiences. Pappas has been in the family since the 80s and is now run by the second generation of restaurateurs.We are conveniently situated in the heart of Sandton on Nelson Mandela Square, a hop, skip and jump away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Our extensive menu consists of delicious Mediterranean fare combined with traditional Greek tastes and flavours that will take you on a culinary journey fit for royalty. All our meals are homemade daily to ensure the freshness and quality you deserve and expect. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Pappas so you may enjoy every generosity our restaurant and experienced staff have to offer.
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We visited Pappas on a Saturday Night. This is a Greek restaurant with traditional Greek food on the menu.
We were quite a large group so they had us seated on 2 long tables inside the main restaurant.
When we got there our tables were ready and the staff was very friendly and efficient. Due to the large number of guests we opted for the set menu which had a good choice of food.
First they brought us Pitas and dip and that was rather delicious.
Starters there was a variety to choose from and I went with the prawn Kataifi and it was tasty. For mains I had Prawns served with our choice of side, I chose the rice. The prawns were Queens and served on warmers in a lemon butter sauce which was good but not the best I have ever had. My son had the baby Kinglip and I must say that it was absolutely delicious. The portion was also very large, it was the whole baby kingklip. Next time Ill be ordering that for sure.
Desserts were a choice of chocolate mousse or Baclava and I chose the mousse but did not really enjoy that all that much.
Entertainment, at 9pm there is a show of Greek dancing and the dancers do interact and get diners to join in and dance and that was rather entertaining. Even the kids joined in and had fun!!!
Overall It was a good night out.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pappas on the Square

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant serves fairly good meals but I come here mostly for the beautiful views of the Mandela Square. Make sure you get a table on one of their perfect spots.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

At Pappas I enjoyed myself fully. The meal was out of this world. I wish I could visit the place frequently

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is my go to restaurant for Lamb Kleftico. It is the absolute best. I wish the service would be better though.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Great food and service very friendly service staff will be back for more soon ...I quite liked the ambiance and service