All reviewscamelot spabathroom floorbustling cityrooms are spaciousbusiness conferencetwo night staygo the extra milemandela squarelovely roomboutique hotelconference facilitiesstayed here for nightsapartmentjohannesburgcomfortproximitygautrain
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to SA to attend Africa Health exhibition last week then we resided at Capital Moloko with great expectations since my last visit was quite fare but this time...it wasn't Capital Moloko I use to know...specially the breakfast was not meeting the standard of five star accommodation plus the employees were not interested in the needs of the visitor or the residence. Yes, they were doing there job but not in the level of five star but at there own level.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunminL18
Reviewed 3 June 2017

After looking around at similar venues in Johannesburg / Sandton we chose Moloko for a 3 day, stay-in conference for 30 people (based on price and location). There were some mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but the banqueting contact (Angelique) assured me she would make 100% sure we were looked after. To me, this is not a holiday or romantic break venue, so the reviews which treat it as such are pointless. As a corporate function venue it was PERFECT for what we needed.

The rooms are very spacious, breakfast and lunch were more than good enough (given the very reasonable pricing). Great location made outings for dinner easy. People flew in from different parts of the world for our session and arrived on different days, so there was a mix-up with the start date of the actual event (which was our fault). Angelique and her team managed to get our venue up and ready so quickly that no-one even knew there was a problem.

Would definitely recommend it for this type of event.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I spent a week at the Moloko running various workshops. The service was excellent. Nothing was too much. Every staff member was friendly; helpful and very professional. Food was good. Overall a great experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Very conveniently situated. Welcoming staff. Plenty of parking. Large comfortable room with fridge and microwave. Good security. Numerous sets of steps to get to the room so not suitable for wheelchairs.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We where part of a large group, 10 rooms, to check in. The welcome note in the room was addressed to another person in the group. While the room was very spacious, the design and decor looked like they where from different eras. The air conditioning unit did not work. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. It was unclear whether the snacks packed into a gift box on the table where complimentary or part of the "mini bar". The TV was situated in the lounge area of the room, making it near impossible to watch from bed. In summary, the room represented more of a studio apartment, including a kitchenette, probably lending itself to medium to long term stays rather than a quick overnight stopover. The highlight for me was that my room faced onto a river and the gushing water sound was extremely relaxing. The buffet breakfast was adequate and served on a terrace in the garden which was also pleasant. In summary the room was comfortable and served its purpose. Had the attention to detail been observed I am sure my stay would have been enhanced, it felt like I was in a low budget facility from a service point of view.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business