All reviews camelot spa conference area bathroom floor bustling city rooms are spacious business conference two night stay go the extra mile mandela square lovely room boutique hotel room service stayed here for nights apartment johannesburg comfort proximity
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Capital Moloko in early Feb 2017. And it appeared we were the only ones! We didn't see a single guest other than ourselves. But we are not surprised.

The hotel itself is lovely. Our room (216) was huge with a small kitchen, open bathroom (separate toilet) and the bed was really comfy.

But that the only good thing about this hotel which for me is not good enough. This hotel would be so much better if the staff looked like they cared. The receptionists, waiters, etc all looked like they were there to do as little as possible. This is a 5 star hotel by the way.

The second problem which for us is a massive problem is the fact they openly have a rat infestation. We had dinner at the hotel and again we were the only ones dining. We sat by the little pond and it was a lovely spot until we saw a rat run past us. We then turned around from where it came from and saw more and more just openly running around in clear view. We told our waiter and his response was "that's nature"... this is a 5 star hotel...

We complained at the reception and asked for the manager - we were told they had gone home but would call the next day. We had no call and no response at all. But the general attitude was "so what if we have rats..."

We paid £1900 rand and we expected so so so much more.

The only factor stopping this review being a 1 star is the rooms. Other than that I would say stay away.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Burnedette, General Manager at The Capital Moloko, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear "Mr. MattC",

As per my communication with your wife, I would like to apologise once again for the unfortunate incident and reassure you that this is a complete isolated incident.

We have dealt with this situation by getting our pest control out to investigate as well as add an additional 40 traps all over our garden and especially by the river as we determined that they came from the river side due to the heavy rains we have had the last couple of weeks. Our pest control company is also currently coming out weekly to make sure that the problem is completely resolved.

Since we have taken the above action we have not seen a single rat again.

We have truly taken every effort possible to resolve this completely, this I can assure you.

I would also like to apologise about the poor attitude yourself and your husband experienced from the staff.
This is not how they have been trained and also not the level on which we run our establishment. I have taken all necessary action to correct this and avoid any future reoccurances going forward.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us the opportunity to take the necessary corrective action.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity again in future to welcome you back to The Capital Moloko Hotel and provide you with the high level of hospitality and service we strive for.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Just eaten here and was lucky enough to be joined by several rats. We have pet rats and as such didn't completely freak out but we did tell both our waiter and reception and they couldn't have cared less. Very disappointed as otherwise it is a really nice hotel but I don't expect a 5 star hotel to have a rat infestation and be unbothered by it. We're now just hoping they've kept them out of the kitchen!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaJCarter

Dear "Ms. LisaJCarter",

Since we have taken the above action we have not seen a single rat again.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night at this wonderful place.
The appartment had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Very stylish decorated.
Lovely breakfast at the hotels patio surrounded by a beautiful landscaped garden.
We also enjoyed the free transfer to Nelson Mandela Square.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Burnedette, General Manager at The Capital Moloko, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear "TNorway",

Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at The Capital Moloko Hotel.

It is wonderful for me to know that we lived up to your expectations and could provide you with a stay to remember, thank you for all the kind words.

I hope that we will have another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to The Capital Moloko Hotel, it will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Having stayed at different Capital hotels over the past few years, my first visit to the Capital Moloko was a refreshing experience. While my go to Hotel chain has been the Capital Group, the Moloko proved to be value for money.

Most imoressive was the size and cleaniless of the rooms. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean room which allows you to relax while doing some work then the Moloko is a greater contender for the general Sandton area. The quiet envinronment is as advertised though occupancy did seem low during my two night stay. I woul however hope managemenr mantains the same quality of service with more guests.

It was refreshing to receive room service within 15 or so minutes of ordering. Though my desert had been ommited from the order in error, the meal was well preoared enough to forgive this.

Pleasent stay with friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear "tnyuke",

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at The Capital Moloko Hotel.

We truly appreciate the kind word and the positive feedback, thank you so much for this.
You are correct that during your stay our occupancy was a little lower than usual due to it being over the festive holidays and most people visiting coastal areas.

I hope we will have another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back and provide you with another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

if You need to have a check how not to run or supervise a hotel This is it .
very nice Fittings ,nice Building Lots of parking .

ONLY they take a Group Booking and the Bus can not enter the Property .

2 persons at reception whilst the Bus is Offloading on THE Road eventualy one Porter arrives with 1 lugage Trolley for 25 People

half the Rooms were not prepared. no water in Mini Bar which were empty .
Rooms very small with the Aircon right above Beds
Breakfast from 06h30 no hot food till 7 with only scrambled Eggs looking like they came out of a high school hostel .
milk and serial ran out
next morning out of our 25 people at least 10 were very unhappy and 5 plain not happy .
management was spoken to so the next day same disaster at Breakfast at least rooms were cleaned.
when we left again 1 staff member doing breakfast for 25 people and 1 porter to help with lugage .
basicly a 5 Star Disaster and a INSULT to our Grading systems

Room Tip: dont stay there with groups
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business