“Very nice hotel in Sandton”
Review of Park Inn Sandton

Park Inn Sandton
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 28 July 2012

To be honest, this hotel would provide you a better value than most of the 4 or 5 star hotels in South Africa. Some glitches yes but overall it would provide what you would expect from a Park Inn and on the food level even more. The only thing I didn't like too much was housekeeping taking the small change from my desk every day they were cleaning my room, that is something you do in the end upon check out! Rooms are spacious otherwise, location good and food is not bad at all in a good price!

Room Tip: check the security chain as some rooms you can't use them as they are installed incorrectly
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Parkinn118, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Good Afternoon

On behalf of the Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Sandton, We would like to thank you for the first class review. As a Hotel we strive to ensure our clients have the best stay possible and are extremely proud that we achieved this. Thank you for bringing to our attention the Housekeeping miscommunication we shall ensure further training is done on this and on the issue of the chain we are busy going through the rooms within the hotel to ensure this problem is rectified.

We hope to welcome you again soon to the hotel.

Kind Regards
Lindsay Storie
Front Office Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Park Inn Sandton

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I decided to stay once again at this property, after my last stay in early February this year.

Went for a smoking room and floor - and there was no sign of smoke smell, so it was an extra bonus.

The service delivered continues to be very good, and I didn't have the negative experiences I had in February.
A big thumbs up to Melissa from Front Office team for her great service and big smile.

As it was quite cold at the evening, it was a relief that the A/C unit was able to cope and the warmth was evenly distributed in the whole room - including the coldish bathroom.

On the not so great side, I found that the room had it's minibar fridge removed. I needed to cool my water and cokes in the sink.

Also, since I stayed during the week, the works at the Wolskvagen plot started around 7 am, so forget sleeping - this is, unless you can sleep with heavy machinery breaking rocks next to you.

All in all, for the price/quality ratio, Park Inn is definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Volkswagen SA headquarters side, as there is construction on that plot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pjso
RSohunS, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I liked this hotel as the room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was divided into a shower section and another section for the WC which I think is very practical for twin-sharing.

The wake-up call was made via the TV screen mounted on the wall in front of the bed which is quite unlike other hotels which is via a phone call.

The gym was very spacious and well-equipped.

The breakfast was decent. The staff were very friendly.

A very good security feature is you need your room access card to gain entry into the lift at the lobby that bring you up to your room..

I was on a group tour so I could not comment on the convenience of its location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2012

A friend and I spent last night at this hotel, as part of a 'weekend away in our own city' tradition we follow every year for our birthdays. She's devastated that my treat was so disappointing.

Here's why:

On arrival, all went well. Lovely clean decor. Quick check-in. Friendly receptionist. I asked about Wifi and was told to use my room number and the surname under which the booking was made. Okay. Easy enough. We go up to our room. Aside from the dirty room service tray outside the door (it was 3pm), the room was lovely. Beautiful blinds with a print of the Mandela Bridge. Nice bathroom. Nice music playing. A view of the parking lot, but I've come to understand that this is par for the course in urban hotels. And no working Wifi that I could find. But I let that go.

Having left my iPhone charger at home, I went downstairs to ask if they had a charging station or an available charger in the back somewhere. Not an unreasonable request, I thought, at a city hotel run by a global chain and frequented by airline staff and businesspeople. The duty manager looked at me scathingly and suggested that I go up to Sandton City and buy one. For $100.

No thanks. I let that go. We walked up to Sandton (the shuttle is a great add-on, but leaves on the hour and we'd missed it) and spent a lovely afternoon and evening, returning around 11pm.

A big part of these night off retreats that we take twice a year is the sleep. We both have small kids and never, ever get to sleep in. So you can imagine our horror to be woken at 7am, on a Saturday, by a jackhammer. That we could hear quite clearly through the closed windows.

We called Reception, where Precious claimed not to hear the banging and have no idea what we were talking about. She promised to call us back with an explanation. Nothing. We called back. Spoke to the morning's duty manager, Stan van Rensburg, who was downright rude and snottily informed us that he had asked them to turn it off but didn't have the necessary authority.

Now, no-one in their right mind, even denied their sleep, would expect a hotel to be able to convince a construction team to put down a jackhammer. But what we did - perhaps mistakenly - expect was to be told, upon confirming the booking that there was a massive construction site next door, on which the noise extends into the weekend. And begins at 7am, without pause.

We would certainly then have made our reservation elsewhere. So that we could sleep in.

Precious called back and, when we insisted on a solution, suggested that we move to a higher room. But there the noise was just as bad, if not worse. Noise appears to travel upwards.

We gave up. Got up. Got dressed. Checked out. Not a word of apology. Not a word of contrition. Not an offer of a free coffee, a complimentary breakfast or even an opportunity to discuss it with the duty manager, who glowered at us as we returned our keycards and left. I won't be staying at Park Inn, a Radisson property, again and I will be tweeting about this shoddy service.

Be warned.

Room Tip: Find out if there's construction anywhere in the vicinity. If there is, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy you stay with us and will look at ways of improving our service levels to you.

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Fans of Scandinavian design will recognise this boilerplate at once: light wood, white laminate, low-intensity lighting, funky use of space, arty photos, and a general air of laid-back-ness. This hotel (part of the Radisson group) is cut from the same cloth (sorry to mix metaphors, but you get the idea). I spent six nights over two weeks in a business room and was mostly happy. Minimal but spotlessly clean furnishings, no minibar but complementary bottles of still & sparkling water, no bathtub but full overhead shower (separate from WC), free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and complementary shuttle to office buildings (and the Gautrain station) in Sandton: as I said, not bad for under £100 per night! The only glitch was laundry. They lost track of my shirts over the weekend and a major search unit had to be mobilised on Monday night. Said shirts were located unwashed, and many apologies later, still didn't get delivered in time for the next morning. Needless to say, I was charged for the hassle; nothing was taken off the laundry bill.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business