All reviews tsogo sun excellent service street noise room service hotel staff checking out air conditioner swimming pool reception area home away from home keep up the good work rooms are spacious union buildings pleasant stay business government bath
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Although the location is centralized it may be very unsafe for any tourist travelling in the surrounding area. Extra care must and should be taken when travelling from or too the hotel especially at night.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Good Morning

Let me say from the onset that delivering great service is key and that we at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. I can assure you that your feedback is most avaluable and hasn't fallen on deaf ears. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely everything you could possibly need is in the room. The hotel is very old though and could do with a revamp. Apart from that there are no faults. The room was very clean. The croissants at breakfast were the freshest I've ever had. A lovely touch was having a live pianist play during breakfast instead of just the radio playing in the background. I would recommend this hotel for business travel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Good Morning

Thank you so much for your feedback. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on quality of service that we deliver. For us delivering great guest service is key at Southern Sun Pretoria. We are happy that your enjoyed your stay and your comments has certainly not fallen on deaf ears.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I would like to place on record my sincere thanks and appreciation for the excellent service received in the restaurant during dinner. Starting from Elvis the waiter to Chef Vivian and exec chef Patrick. Being a vegetarian by choice i was prepared a wonderful and delicious stir fry. Also duty manager Rifas was also very accommodating. Also check in was smooth and efficient. Keep up the good work and thanks for going the extra mile. GM please pass on my compliments to the staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for your feedback and for staying at Southern Sun Pretoria. The team and I pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver.. For us delivering great guest service is key at Southern Sun Pretoria. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Great stay in Southern Sun Pretoria.
It is my preferred choice every time I travel to Pretoria for business.
I am so familiar with the staff at the reception as well as the dining restaurant.
As usual, the guys at reception welcomed me with so much warmth, respect and high levels of professionalism.
Thank you guys for great accommodation.

Room Tip: Rooms above the reception facing the KFC are more quiter. Avoid rooms facing the (former Pretorius road) due to so very much taxi noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your valuable feedback and staying with Southern Sun Pretoria. The team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. We look forward to sseeing you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were looking for a comfortable one night stay after our Rovos Rail trip and in principle that's what we got although several minor niggles affected our enjoyment.
On arrival our bags were dealt with quickly and efficiently and we were directed to the impressive reception area on the first floor. The greeting was a little unfriendly and the check-in process was painfully slow despite the fact that the reception area was quiet.
Our bedroom was large and nicely furnished with a very comfortable six foot wide bed and quality pillows. There was a fridge too however the floor mounted air conditioning unit sounded like a road sweeper and continually disturbed us during the night. Also there was no soap in the bathroom!
During the evening we had a few drinks at he bar, the barman was friendly and helpful. We decided to order food from the bar menu, three out of four meals were ok but one of the burgers had to be returned as it was raw in the middle..The food service was slow despite the lack of customers.
Breakfast was excellent, lots of choices but service was a bit lack lustre, I had to ask three times for a second cup of coffee despite the fact that the restaurant was only a quarter full.
Before checking out we asked the Concierge to help us check-in our flights and print our boarding passes which we assumed was a regular request from guests staying in a 240 bedroom hotel. Despite their willingness to help the staff were unfamiliar with the process and we had to go behind the counter to help out.
Generally the hotel was very quiet and this appeared to affect the quality of the service. It's a pity as on the whole this is a good hotel but no where near the standard of their sister hotel in Cape Town which is superb.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your feedaback and choosing to stay at Southern Sun Pretoria. Let me say from the onset that delivering great guest service is key. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. This is ceratinly not indicativeof our normal high standards and I can assure you that the necessary corrective action and measures has been taken and put in place. I am personally looking into the matter.