“Below Average”

Camdeboo Day Spa
Ranked #11 of 22 Spas & Wellness in Pretoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aptly named after the White Stinkwood trees that populate the area, Camdeboo Day Spa is the perfect addition to African Pride Irene Country Lodge, Autograph Collection® haven of peace and tranquillity. An oasis where the main focus is to relax and revive the senses, this award winning spa will have you forgetting the world exists outside of its walls. A range of treatments on offer will help you experience rejuvenation and health through all that nature has to offer with a twist of modern sophistication and luxury. Four treatment rooms, of which 2 are double rooms, 2 outside gazebo treatment rooms, a techno gym, steam room, sauna, outdoor pool, heated Jacuzzi and restaurant make up this beautiful place. Our complimentary areas, including the techno gym, are for use of all Camdeboo Day Spa guests as well as African Pride Irene Country Lodge, Autograph Collection® guests, over the age of 16 years old.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I was so disappointed with my visit to Camdeboo Spa today.
I had to get dressed in the toilet -
Then my 75min massage ended at 50min -
The staff that passed me did not say hello.
Also once i got in the steam room the front desk manager came to switch it on.

I left as i did not enjoy it.
The massage was good, but it needs finesse elements like keeping the hands and feet warm as the body temp drops during the massage.

Beautiful setting. I just expected more from award winning spa.

Date of experience: February 2018
"pampering"
"luxury"
"restaurant"

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I had a really good back and neck massage. The massage style might not be for everyone - I don’t like a back rub but a proper massage which removes my knots and that is what I received. The massage technique uses elbows a fair amount which can be painful if you have a skinny back like I do as you feel it on your bones a lot. I felt the massage was pricey compared to other spas. The layout of the spa is odd and very average- more like a 3 Star spa. It’s a pity the spa doesn’t overlook the lake. There also weren’t enough lockers available on the day.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Relaxing after the wedding with a twice as nice massage! Absolutely devine - will be back for more (and more)

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We paid R980 for 2 pedicures with leg massages. The therapists had extreme limited training it seems. It was excruciatingly painful, no massages of our feet nor our calves. The therapists stood up and left constantly to get creams and tools which shows they were unprepared and unprofessional. I would not recommend this establishment at all.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank vanniekerkfourie
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

You can't offer a supposed 5star experience charge 5star prices (700rand) and deliver a 1 star service. The massage therapist was professional and attentive. But the rest of the experience was poor. I was hoping for a tranquil relaxing afternoon to take my mind off the stress I was experiencing. Instead I was surrounded by noisy patrons taking selfies while I was trying to relax in the sauna and steam room. But these areas are open and shared between both sexes and all the patrons walking past. Then while having the massage we have the staff talking on the top of their voice and banging what sounded like pots in the next room. Also the head ring of thr bed is very hard and uncomfortable. One chooses a 5 star hotel for the experience it's not just about the massage. I sincerely hope this establishment is able to find a solution to remedy these problems.

Date of experience: October 2017
emarketing2017, Marketing Assistant at Camdeboo Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear DocKS17,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Please know that we take your comments very seriously and on behalf of the TEAM, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for not meeting or exceeding your expectations.

Will you please get in touch with our Marketing Assistant, Colin Maswanganye at emarketing@irenecountrylodge, who will elevate the issue to the Camdeboo Day Spa manager.

Once again, sincere apologies for the service you experienced.

Kind regards,
The African Pride Irene Country Lodge TEAM.