See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I arrived late at night and the staff at the reception was barely awake and hardly spoke to me. My room was spacious but dirty and smelt "very old". The carpet was dirty and honestly, I couldn't even walk barefoot on it. The bathroom was leaking and was filthy.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Kwamboka2015
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Unfortunately I have to give this hotel a poor review, it is completely dysfunctional if one can use that term. Staff can barely speak proper english. Nothing was working even the wi-fi was out of order. I give it 1 point for the neat reception area and diningroom and the other for the layout. I only had breakfast there but chose to order in for supper instead, which I don't normally do. It does not have a great variety of dishes.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016

1. On 7th November 2016 we booked into your hotel for 2 nights.

2. We were initially allocated room 805 and later moved to room 205 at our request by Ms. Refilwe a service that we appreciated.

3. Getting to room 205, the first thing we found a single bed smack in the room ,which we were forced to move into the corridor.

4. Later as we tried to settle in, we came accross the following

(a) used condoms in the room
(b) torn cushions
(c) filthy shower glass
(d) dirty mat
(e) filthy bath mat

5. We reported this to the duty manager who advised us to write a letter / report to the GM (Isobel van Deventer) the next morning. No offer for alternative room was made, presumably because the hotel was full as we had earlier been told.

6. The duty manager acknowledged that she had heard a previous complain about the dirty shower glass.

7. We were forced to sleep on the sofa in trepidation of what could be on the bed.

8. On 8th November 2016, I went to the reception at around 6.40 am and reported the matter to Isobel van Deventer, the GM. She assured me that she would look into the matter , and that I would be moved to room 504 which they did.

9. She further requested that I send her the photos of paragraph 4 above via email.

10. We sent the photos from around 8 am,

11. Around 2 pm I received a very strange and rude email from Isobel. The tone of which was very curt to say the least.

12. I proceeded to discuss with the duty manager and explain to him that I was reluctant to pay before this issue was resolved , and either we got a formal apology or a refund for the previous night.

13. Both Isobel van Deventer and manager flatly refused to do so.

19. Instead, around 4pm, a burly security guard was sent to my room to intimidate me and demand payment.

20. Not only were we allocated a filthy room and forced to sleep on the sofa we were responded to in a very rude manner by the Isobel, no formal apology was given and we were subjected to intimidation by your security. On top of which when we requested to see Isobel at around 4.30 pm after being forced to pay. We were informed she wouldn't see us .

This isn't the first time we have stayed at your hotel, however the service and treatment meted to us on this occasion is not only unprofessional but also poignant to say the least.

Very irate customer.
Mr. M Mike

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The reception on arrival day was ok, The rooms need renovation because they seem too old and have a scent that is not comfortable.The heaters were not working by the time I visited in mid July. The internet in the rooms in the section that I was housed was not working and that was terribly inconveniencing. I could not work whilst in the room. The hotel is also located near a night club and a taxi rank which makes it very difficult to sleep because of noise.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

I had a meeting at the Colosseum Hotel and was a bit early so I decided to go the restaurant for a bite to eat. I walk in seated myself. After about five minutes I requested some assistance. One of the ladies call an Indian gentleman who could not speak proper English to assist me. I ordered a toasted chicken and mayo sandwich for takeaway as my meeting was going to start in 15 minutes. The gentleman went away, probably to the kitchen and returned after about 5 minutes. After waiting for ten minutes I asked the same gentleman if I could pay and if he could send it to me to the Dafodil room as I was already late. FYI, the Dafodil room was not even 30m away.

He gave me the slip and I realised that he had charged me for a toasted cheese and tamato. He then said to me that he can't send it over to the Dafodil room. I told him that I did not order a toasted cheese and tomato, but a chicken and mayo. Thereafter he aquired quite an aggressive tone and I told him to cancel the order.

I think that the staff at the Colosseum Executive Hotel are very unprofessional and would never return.

Date of stay: October 2015